Occurred: 1987-05-20 22:00:00 Local
Location: Mcpherson/Lindsborg, KS, USA
Shape: Triangle
Duration: 2 hours
No of observers: 1
Reported: 2013-06-01 12:47:24 Pacific
Posted: 2013-06-02 00:00:00
Characteristics: Lights on object, Possible abduction, Missing Time, Marks found on body afterwards

Triangle Shape sighted. Two hours of time lost during the encounter.

Statement of 6/1/13: This encounter occurred during the month of May, 1987. I lived in McPherson, Kansas. My parents lived in Salina, Kansas. My husband was a sheriff’s deputy and worked the 4-12 shift.

On Friday or Saturday evenings, I would leave our home early in the evening and take my two daughters, aged 4 and 5 months old, and drive to Salina to visit with my parents for the evening. I always left my parents home at 10:00 in the evening, and always called my mother when I and the children returned home so she knew we were safe and off the highway.

It was a 30 minute drive from Salina to McPherson on the highway. Lindsborg is 14 miles from Salina, halfway back to McPherson. As I approached Lindsborg’s lights on my right hand side, I glanced back at my sleeping 4 year old and also at my infant daughter asleep in her carrier in the front seat of my car. I could see the sodium lights of the rest area, called “Stuckey’s” about a mile ahead and to my right off the highway.

I became aware that I! saw something outside of my driver side window. I looked up in the sky. Around 500 feet up, across the double highway a solid black shape was ‘hanging’ in the air. I recall there was a red light, a green light and a white light and they were in the corners of the object. I determined it was a black triangle shaped object. It was totally silent, not moving, just hanging there, blotting out the stars and clouds in the night sky. I rolled down my window to listen, but there was no sound except my tires on the pavement. I thought, “I should stop for a moment to see what this is.” I remember pulling over to the side of the road on the highway. There were cars across the grassy center on the opposite side of the highway also stopping. One car behind me was also pulling over. I looked over at my sleeping daughter in the front seat, and opened my car door. I had my right hand on the steering wheel, my left hand on the top of my open door pulling myself up out of the car. My left foot was on the road of the highway, my right still on the floo! rboard o f my car. I looked up and this triangle shape was just THERE. Hanging. Silent with three soft lights barely shining.

My car tires bumped up over the raised part of our driveway and I parked my car. I took my 4 year old into the house and put her in her bed. I returned to the car and got my 5 month old daughter and the diaper bag out of the front seat. I set her, in her carrier, down on the couch in the living room and was surprised to see headlights turn into our driveway and flash across our kitchen window. My husband, a sheriff’s deputy, burst into the front door, both angry and worried. “Where have you been?” he demanded. I was rather surprised but told him, “I just left mothers…what are you doing home so early?” “EARLY?” he shouted, “It’s midnight! Your mother has been going crazy calling the department, saying you must have had a wreck, I have half the department out looking in the ditches for you!” I was stunned. I looked at the clock on the stove, it said, ‘ 12:05’. I said that was impossible, that I had JUST left there 35 minutes ago. How could it be after midnight? I told him what I had seen in the sky and when he calmed down a bit, he called information and got the name of the Salina Air Base and handed me the phone. I dialed the number and a nice young man answered and I after explaining about the triangle shaped ‘plane’ I asked him if the Army was testing any new aircraft over the highway between Salina and Lindsborg. He said he was not sure, but he would transfer me to someone that could answer my questions.

Another man got on the phone and identified himself as a Colonel. He was very nice at first, questioning me about who was with me when I saw this shape, what time it happened and more general questions. He then turned cold. “What is your name, ma'am? What is your address?” I put my hand over the phone and whispered to my husband, “He wants my name and address..” My husband took the phone out of my hand and hung up. He said, “They want to know who you are and where you live for a reason..” This was long before the days of caller I.D. and cell phones, being 1987.

After that experience, I began to develop a fear of the nighttime. I would go in the car at night, but years went by and I continued to lean forward and search through the windshield for “something.” I had a very disturbing auditory experience for years, a low heavy ‘droning’ cycling in and out, I told my husband for years, while holding my ears, “Don’t you HEAR that? It’s driving me crazy!” It sounded like a very large piece of machinery, with a very large engine droning on and on, from very far away. I watched the night sky constantly, and avoided as much as possible going out after dark. I found a place on my right arm, on the back, right above the elbow – there was something sharp and stabbing in my arm. I would squeeze this area and feel something very sharp deep in the skin. I had it for years. During this time, I would have auditory experiences – if I stubbed my toe or bumped my shin, a hot ‘zip of electricity’ would run along the back of my head from one ear to the other and a robotic mechanical voice could be heard only by me. “The small toe is injured.” “The right leg is injured.” Always this mechanical, emotionless voice. I thought I was going crazy.

I had a total hysterectomy in February of 1997. From the time I had the hysterectomy, the voice, when ever I was injured, stopped. I continued to notice the sharp object on the back of my arm and determined to remove whatever it was, got a needle and began digging on my arm. As I am not left handed and it was on the back of my right arm, this was awkward and not very successful. My husband knew about this sharp object and encouraged me to try to remove it. After considerable digging and squeezing, a piece of razor thin white ‘plastic’ came out of my arm. It was approximately one inch long and came to a dagger point. I showed my husband the object and he told me to save it. That was in 1999. I regret I cannot remember what I did with this object. My mind conveniently ‘forgot’ whether I saved it or discarded it.

This is my story. My husband is now a Chief of Police and will verify under oath all that I have related. I am quite willing to undergo hypnosis or lie detector to verify my claim.


Witness indicates that the date is approximate. PD

© 2023 National UFO Reporting Center. All rights reserved. Use or reproduction within any application without written consent is prohibited.