NUFORC Sighting 46951

Occurred: 2005-10-08 02:00 Local
Reported: 2005-10-12 21:21 Pacific
Duration: 3-4 minutes
No of observers: 0

Location: Searcy, AR, USA

Shape: Oval

A ovular/circular object flew by me towards the south, almost stopped, slowly traveled for a few minutes, shot away, and then came back

I go to Harding University. My cousin came in town to look at the campus and stayed at the campus hotel. It is physically ON the campus.

Well, the room was on the fourth floor and an extension to the hotel was being built on the third (i.e. You could walk out onto the roof. It was a really nice night so I just decided to go lay outside on the roof while I was talking to my girlfriend.

All of the sudden, I'm laying down looking at the sky and I see what I originally thought was a shooting star. So, getting my attention, I followed it with my eyes. I noticed that it was not illuminated and not traveling as fast as I have seen shooting stars travel in the past.

What REALLY shocked me was when it seemed to slow down at about 120 degrees from my point of view (I was laying down flat and it came from the North West, moving in a south eastern). It was low enough that I could see features and at this point knew it was not a shooting a star. It was brown in shape, ovular/circular, seemed to have a "flower-petal" equal outer indentation taking up it's entire base. It seemed like it was spinning but I’m not positive it was.

But at one point it seemed to come to a stop then all of the sudden it shot out in a more prominent south eastern direction.

So, I hang up the phone with my friend and call my mom and grandma to see what I should do. Ok, so I'm on the phone with my mom and grandma absolutely panicked and all of the suddenly, at a much lower altitude, what seemed to be the EXACT same object jet from the East back to a little North of where it came from before (directly above me at approx. 90 degrees) and almost came to a stop AGAIN.

Then it jetted directly West after about 30 seconds of slow movement.

The thing that freaked me out the most was about a minute or two after that, I got a bloody nose. I don't know if there has ever been any connection between nosebleeds and confirmed sightings, but it freaked me out.

I called the Searcy Police Department to report it and I never heard anything back from them.

That's pretty much the story. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm not a loon. I am an honors student and pretty well grounded...

Posted 2005-10-20

© 2023 National UFO Reporting Center. All rights reserved. Use or reproduction within any application without written consent is prohibited.