Occurred: 1973-05-23 00:00 Local - Approximate
Reported: 2004-01-07 17:03 Pacific
Duration: 5 minutes
No of observers: 1

Location: Peoria, IL, USA

Shape: Oval
Characteristics: Lights on object, Aura or haze around object, Changed Colo

Saw a U.F.O. over backyard at very close proximity to house located across from airport. Saw first hand object and passengers inside.

The reason I remember it so vividly was our son was a small baby three weeks old. I was up watching TV after having fed the baby and put him back down. I got up to get a drink of water in the kitchen. I did not turn any lights on in the rest of the house just the light from the TV set. The drapes in the family room were closed so it was hard to see just the light from the TV screen. I got to the kitchen sink and looked up and there it was right over our back yard. It was just a few feet from our kitchen window over the back yard. I was just paralyzed for a shor time and stood in awe of it. It was pulsating light and I could see figures inside but couldn't tell what they quite liiked like. I finally made my body move and I ran in the bedroom to get my husband up. By the time he got going and we got back out to the kitchen it was gone but not completely. It hovered around out about a half mile. I watched as it dove and spun and glided so gracefully. My husband never did see what I was pointing out to him and to this day I think he thinks I lost my mind but I know what I saw and I know how close it was to me and I know how frightened I was at the time. Now I wish I had called the police to report it but my husband said no way he didn't want anyone to think his wife was a fruit cake, but I know what I saw and I know I watched the thing fly around for almost 15 minutes. We are directly across from the Greater Peoria Airport and I wanted to call the tower and ask them if they saw it but I didn't do it and now I regret that decision also. I have talked with several other people who have also had an experience that was of an out of this world kind and I want to record it so that others know they are not alone when they say they saw a U.F.O. I did see it very clearly and I did watch it for quite some time before it finally glided out of my line of sight. I went to bed but I did not sleep well for several weeks after that strange occurence. I am not a nut case I can assure you t! hat this is what really happened. I would be glad to talk with you by phone if you wish. Thanks for letting me record this event.


Date is approximate. PD

Posted 2004-01-17

© 2023 National UFO Reporting Center. All rights reserved. Use or reproduction within any application without written consent is prohibited.