NUFORC Sighting 180827

Occurred: 2024-03-15 12:30 Local
Reported: 2024-03-15 14:36 Pacific
Duration: 10-15 minutes
No of observers: 1 - Military

Location: Springfield, OR, USA
Location details: It flew directly over our farm heading N/NE

Shape: Sphere
Color: A light burnt orange
Estimated Size: 30 foot diameter
Viewed From: Land
Direction from Viewer: East/Southeast
Angle of Elevation: 45
Closest Distance: 300 feet away
Estimated Speed: 50 mph
Characteristics: Changed Colo

30-50' diameter light burnt orange sphere which came from the west/southwest over my farm, flew for 20-30 miles before disappearing.

At approximately 12:30pm on 3/15/2024 I was sitting on my couch speaking to my dad on the phone when plain as day in a completely unobstructed view a 30-50 foot diameter round object that was a light burnt orange color, approximately 200-300' up in the air, flew from the back of my property, from the S/SW direction into my view looking South. It was heading North/Northeast. It was moving about 50 MPH. It was plain as day in a cloud free sky flying across the wide open 60 acre field directly across the road from me. I immediately went outside to video it from my Samsung Galaxy S21+ phone; while describing what i was seeing to my dad. I noticed that it was a light burnt orange color, but at times would appear bright white and then back to its original color. I'm not sure if it was changing colors or if it was the sun reflecting off of it. It was flying in a upward angled trajectory increasing elevation as it flew heading North to Northeast. Once it was about 7-8 miles away from me it just disappeared; however just a few seconds later it reappeared a good mile or more to the left of its original flight path but was still heading in the same original direction. I was able to observe it for another minute or so before it was out of my view. I was the only one home at the time. I came back inside and was excited to send the video I just took to my dad. However when I opened my photo gallery there was no video there. I went back into my camera app, because I started panicking that I didn't have the video. I opened the camera app only to see a note saying "Video Cannot Be Recorded While Speaking On The Phone". After finishing my phone call with my parents, I'm 57 & my parents are 74 & 75 years old, I contacted the local police departments Non-emergency line, they then directed me to the County Sheriff's department and I made a report with them. I then called our local news station in hopes that someone had also seen it and reported it. The news station told me his hands were tied on stuff like this & that he was in the same boat as I am in reporting it. I then contact the airport to see if they had any reports of it. The airport executive office connected me to the tower control, I reported it to them. The control tower told me to contact you guys at the National UFO Reporting Center. I contacted by phone the N.U.F.O.R.C. and reported what I saw & they asked me to file a written report; which I'm now doing. It was the most thrilling & spectacular experience I've ever had the pleasure of viewing!

Posted 2024-04-27

© 2023 National UFO Reporting Center. All rights reserved. Use or reproduction within any application without written consent is prohibited.