Occurred: 1973-10-01 20:45 Local - Approximate
Reported: 2014-07-15 16:29 Pacific
Duration: 30 minutes
No of observers: 1

Location: Waco, TX, USA

Shape: Triangle
Characteristics: Lights on object, Emitted beams, Landed, Electrical or magnetic effects

I observed the craft at close range to know it wasn't manmade based upon my training and experience.

In the Fall of 1973, I was taking a doctoral course two nights a week at Baylor Univrsity in Waco. The class was from 7 to 8:30PM.

Coming home in the first part of the week in late September or early October, I saw a low, bright light over Lake Waco. I concluded it was either a helicopter or the planet Venus. However, two nights later, I saw the same thing; so I decided to investigate.

As I approached the bridge going over Lake Waco, I could the craft hovering over Lake Waco just near what is known as Speegleville Park. After going west over the bridge, I took the next exit which brought me down into the Park; but as I approached where the craft appeared to be stationary, it turned off its bright lght and began to move to the southwest. It crossed in front of me and went over the highway; so I decided to follow it.

I could see it settle down in a clump of woods just on the other side of the highway. I crossed over the highway and slowly drove by the wooded area. The road curved to the southeast; and I went up about seventy yards passed the spot, pulled over and stopped. I turned off my lights but left my engine running.

I watched in my reawview mirror for a few moments when I could see the craft rising slowng and coming in my direction. It pulled up to my right just on the other side of the fence not far from a telephone pole. I figured it was no more than 50 feet off the ground at most. It was black in color, trangular in shape, about 30 feet in lenght and 20-25 feet in width. I could see the cockpit with a green hue inside and three small heads peering down at me.

I hadn't been there more than 5 minutes when the craft shown a green light down that engulfed my little VW Fastback. My engine died and all electrical devices would not work. I tried restarting the engine and tried turning on my lights and radio to no avail. It was then I became alarmed and locked my doors.

I kept trying to restart my engine every few minutes. Finally, after about 15 minutes, it turned over. I went down the road for about another 75 yards before turning on my lights and doing a U-turn.

As I past where the craft was stationed, it made no attempt to follow me; and I could still see it when I got back on the highway. At no time could I hear any sound nor see any moving parts. During that week, the weather was clear and there was enough light to be able make out tree shapes and anything in the sky.

About 3 years later, I saw the same lihgt hovering just about the lights in the south end of a LaVega high school football game. I wanted to go closer to craft to show my wife and children who were with me; but my wife didn't want me to go chasing UFO's. Having spent two years in the AFROTC and two years in the U.S.Army and flew a couple of times in a helicopter, I knew the craft that I saw in 1973 was not anything that the U.S. or any country had the time. I even held a Top Secret Clearance while in the military; therefore, I wasn't one to be the subject of delusions.


Witness indicates that the date in 1973 is approximate. PD

Posted 2014-07-20

© 2023 National UFO Reporting Center. All rights reserved. Use or reproduction within any application without written consent is prohibited.