NUFORC Sighting 10337

Occurred: 1968-12-20 02:00 Local - Approximate
Reported: 1999-10-24 00:00 Pacific
Duration: 15 minutes?
No of observers: 1

Location: Juneau, AK, USA

Shape: Other
Characteristics: Emitted beams

Strange half-moon shaped thing shoots light into room, causes paralysis and other effects.

This report is from my first experience - or at least the first one I clearly remember. I had recently turned 5, so the exact date & time are approximations, but I clearly remember the year, and that it was just a few days before Christmas. While asleep in my room that night, I saw a rather bright bluish-white light come in through the window. It was much brighter than the moon would make. I got up out of bed and went to see what it was. As soon as I went into the beam and looked up, I became paralyzed and unable to move. The object was about 2x to 3x the apparent size of a full moon, and was shaped kind of like a half-moon, but it was tilted at a bizarre angle, and the flat side wasn't flat at all - it had a scalloped appearance like you'd see on the tops of ancient medieval castle towers. Although it was difficult to judge height & distance because I was so young, I'd guess now that it was hovering about 50' above the ground at a distance a distance of 150' to 300' away. This would make the object around 20' in length by 15' in height - but these are only rough guesses. There's no way to know for certain how long the object was there, but my best guess would put it at about 15 to 30 minutes. Immediately after the sighting, my hearing seemed to become very sensitive. Small objects like pins falling to the floor sounded like pieces of rebar being slammed into concrete; I also remember feeling what I might now call an altered sense of reality. From that point on, I'd start having these strange, almost dream-like periods that would always begin the same: a series of rectangular shapes colored in bright yellows, greens, and blues would appear and rapidly superimpose themselves upon one another in my visual field. After a moment or two, a small area of intense, scintillating green would appear near the center; followed almost immediately by the paralysis, the apparent enhancements in my hearing, and an overwhelming feeling of terror. This "thing" would happen almost every day; usually at night but sometimes while wide awake during the day. It wasn't until many years later before I learned a way to "control" or "stop" these in their intial stages, and eventually the incidents of them slowed to the point where they only occur very rarely anymore.

Posted 1999-11-02

© 2023 National UFO Reporting Center. All rights reserved. Use or reproduction within any application without written consent is prohibited.