NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 1/5/2018 18:00 (Entered as : 01/05/18 18:00)
Reported: 1/9/2018 12:26:32 AM 00:26
Posted: 1/18/2018
Location: Woodinville, WA
Shape: Light
Duration:1 hour
On Friday, January 5th 2018 I arrived home after work at about 6:00 pm. It was already dark and as I pulled into my garage I saw a light out of the corner of my eye in my back yard. It caught my attention right away because I don’t have any lights in my back yard as I live in a wooded area with only a few lights from an adjacent street that are visible.

The light seem to appear to be silently floating around near the creek about 30 feet or so up in the air and as I got closer I saw there were two lights that appeared orange in color and seemed to be very small. I started recording with my phone and as I got closer one became bright very much like a small, but intense LED as if it turned to face my direction. I couldn’t tell if it had a light in front and perhaps rotated or if it just changed and became bright. Both ended up doing this off and on and continued to float through and around the trees from East to West.

As I went back toward my house to get my wife to witness I saw a couple more in the neighbor’s field on the other side of our property as well. They were completely silent and ranging from about 20 – 40 feet off the ground, all moving from East to West. Although I heard no noise, I later found watching the video that the microphone did pick up a strange clicking type of noise when it was at its closest.

I was a bit freaked out and went inside and asked my wife to come out and verify I was seeing what I was seeing. My behavior was scaring her a bit but when I pointed them out, she saw them and was also surprises and a little scared. I went back outside and to the neighbor’s house to show him as well.

Over about an hour a saw perhaps a dozen of these lights. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. Afterward I went back home and became very tired, falling asleep on the couch. Although I didn’t experience an loss of time nor did I touch or make any physical contact, my wife and kids told me the next day I was moving and twisting around on the couch hitting my head with my hands and that my head was sweating profusely. They said they tried to wake me but couldn’t. I felt like I slept very soundly and don’t recall any of that.