NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 7/24/2016 01:30 (Entered as : 7/24/16 1:30)
Reported: 11/23/2016 7:53:31 PM 19:53
Posted: 12/5/2016
Location: Canada (west coast; Alaskan cruise), BC
Shape: Oval
Duration:5 minutes
Yellow orbs seen while on an Alaskan cruise.

My husband and I took an Alaskan cruise for our 10th anniversary. It was through the inside passage going past Canada and stopping at Ketchikam, Juneau, and Skagway. We had a cabin with a small veranda on the port side of the ship.

I have insomnia so at about 1:30 a.m., I was still awake. My husband was fast asleep and I didn't know what to do with myself so I decided to sit on the veranda. The veranda was very small just big enough for two chairs and a very small table. The veranda was covered by the floor of the veranda on the deck above us so to see directly above the ship you had to lean out. The area directly below the ship and maybe 40 feet out could be seen because the ship had some lights on. The area had fog rolling in in patches.

I was looking out over the water, towards the land, and then up at the sky. In between wispy patches of fog, the sky was clear. I started noticing a small "lighter" area in the clear sky that would come from directly above the ship and move more west then go back over the ship. When it went back over the ship I couldn't see it anymore. I decided to get our binoculars that my husband had bought for our trip. They are very expensive binoculars with image stabilizers. I retrieved them and went back outside. I was leaning over the railing trying to see if the "lighter" area would come back and sure enough it did, moving westward again. I looked through the binoculars and couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were 6 dull yellow oval orbs flying in a group. I can only explain the movement was like animals moving together and "jostling" each other. I ran in to wake my husband. He wasn't happy about it, but he went on the veranda half asleep. I explained what I saw but they were gone. He went back to bed. This happened 2 more times. I would see the group coming from over the ship and I would get my husband until he finally said he didn't care if it landed, he didn't want me to wake him again.

The ship had 11 decks and on the t! op deck there are no cabins, it's where the main restaurant is and from mid section of ship to the aft end is completely open. I decided to go up to that deck where I can observe directly over the ship. I was a little apprehensive as it was by this time 2 in morning. There were some crew members but I didn't see any passengers. I asked a crew member if they had any lights that shone up toward the sky and he said no. I did not see the lights again.