NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 2/6/2010 14:45 (Entered as : )1/02/2010 14:00)
Reported: 2/12/2010 7:20:20 AM 07:20
Posted: 2/14/2010
Location: Cistern, TX
Shape: Sphere
5 low flying shperes seen in afternnon sky by 5 witnesses

At 2:45 pm Saturday,Feb 6, 2010, my family and 2 of my son's friends were all in the backyard helping my husband with a carpentry project. I was sitting on a bench visiting with my mother when I noticed what I thought were 5 geese flying in a v formation from east to west.

After looking at them for a couple of seconds I was shocked realizing that they were not geese since the sun was reflecting upon them showing that they were actually metallic sphere like objects. The sky was clear and the temp.was about 65 degrees.

With excitement I yelled UFO's and the 3 boys (22, 17, &16 years old) came running to see. I pointed them out and then I ran into the house to get the binoculars. When I got back outside I tried to focus on the objects but I was to shaky so I handed them to my son’s friend. We were all screaming and laughing that we couldn't believe what we were seeing.

As they started to go behind the tree line we ran to the corale area in front of the house to continue watching them. One of the spheres shot off back towards the east disapearing as the other four continued steady and equal distance apart on to the north/west- towards Austin’s Bergstrom Airport.

They slowly just disappeared. Right before they vanished a white prop plane (about the size of a cigarette butt) was traveling near and behind them to their south. The plane must have seen them. We heard the plane but no noise from the objects.

The plane seemed to have been traveling faster than the spheres. The spheres were low and slow flying well beneath the cloud cover.

The funny thing is one of my son's friends was a skeptic until this afternoon. He even said that he wished he a gotten a picture for the news.

It is 2 hours later and we are still excited and talking about the event,especially since it was a daytime sighting!