Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 12/15/1997 18:00 (Entered as : 12/??/97 18:00)
Reported: 12/15/2019 12:42:17 PM 12:42
Posted: 12/19/2019
Location: Oak Hill, WV
Shape: Triangle
Duration: 2-3 minutes
Characteristics: There were lights on the object, The object emitted other objects
Oak Hill Triangle Lights

It was Winter and it was day but close to night. My Father and I had to park at the top of the driveway (on the road) because we would be unable to get out due to the snow. As we began walking from the side of the street to the top of the driveway we saw to orange/yellow lights. One light high above and one light much lower below. The lower light was slightly off line of the higher light.

As I looked into the light, you could tell it had a structure and shape, but the light drowned out the ability to visually identify. The lights made no sound. When my Father and I both were fixated on the lights, they began to move. They moved counter clockwise, equal distance from each other in perfect alignment. They made one complete rotation until they were completely horizontal directly in line with each other. Then they stopped moving entirely.

After they stopped moving, they stood still for about 3 seconds. And the light to the right began to move toward the light to the left. Once the light to the right got near the light to the left, it stopped. And after 2 seconds, the light on the right shot a third light below it at a high rate of speed (sparks came out of the light when it birthed the third light) forming a perfect Inverted Triangle. The light on the right became dimmer once the third light came out. The Inverted Triangle sat for about 5 seconds (no sound). And the light on the left slowly moved into the cloud, followed by the light on the right and the third light last and disappeared into the clouds.

It has been many years since my Father and I have witnessed this, and from time to time I ask him if he recalls that evening. His story never changes. During this experience, I asked to retrieve the large RCA Camcorder we had within our house but my Father told me not to leave, and to watch. We went inside and told my Grandfather, he acted like we were insane. I asked if we should call the police (we didn't). We drove to his friend's house to tell the story to a house full of people, they didn't care. My Mother told me about a week later that people at her workplace had seen something similar (living in the same area as the sighting) and called the police to complain about sparks hitting their roof.