Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 10/15/2016 19:40 (Entered as : 10/15/16 19:40)
Reported: 10/16/2016 10:44:53 AM 10:44
Posted: 10/21/2016
Location: Nashua, NH
Shape: Circle
Duration: 30 seconds
Characteristics: There were aircraft in the vicinity or aircraft chasing the object
red/orange orb being pursued by large helicopter just above the trees.
Sighting on Saturday, October 15, 2016: At approximately 7:40 PM EST I heard an extremely loud, very low-flying helicopter somewhere over the woods behind my apartment in southern Nashua.

My wife and two sons were present, and we grew increasingly alarmed as it grew louder and louder. My oldest son (14) and I stepped out onto the balcony to look for the helicopter – it sounded like it was practically on top of us, but too low and close to see it over the tree line. It was dark, the full moon was still on the opposite horizon behind our building.

My first thought was that it might be the police tracking someone on the ground in the woods, except this helicopter was SO loud – sounded more like a Black Hawk than the standard choppers that police/news uses. And we couldn’t see searchlights of any kind over the woods.

Suddenly we saw a reddish/orange light break over the tree line headed South. Our balcony faces West and this light was running straight & perpendicular across our view. It was a large orb shape, flying very fast in a perfectly straight line – skimming above the trees no more than a few hundred feet off the ground, and a few hundred yards from us. We had a clear view of it for just a couple of seconds before it was lost behind the trees again. It didn’t weave or change course, didn’t wobble, or change colors/size/shape. There were no other lights on it, and it didn’t appear to pulse.

Following just behind it was a large military helicopter which appeared to be pursuing the object. The helicopter was large and dark colored, either black or gray with only a couple of small red lights on it and no visible markings that I could see.

The orb appeared to accelerate slightly while it was in view but then backed off a bit, as if it was trying to stay just out of reach of the helicopter. We had a clear view of both the object and the chopper together in the sky for a moment, and the orb appeared to be about 1/3 to ˝ as large as the helicopter.

The whole incident lasted no more than about 30-45 seconds from first hearing the helicopter to when the object and helicopter disappeared over the trees headed South. The object and helicopter were visible for just a couple seconds of that time. Wild!