Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 3/13/2016 00:30 (Entered as : 03/13/16 0:30)
Reported: 3/14/2016 1:28:57 PM 13:28
Posted: 3/18/2016
Location: Parry Sound (near) (Canada), ON
Shape: Circle
Duration: 5-10 minutes
Characteristics: There were lights on the object
White craft followed by red craft near Parry Sound Ontario Sunday Morning

I was at my cabin in the woods about an hour drive east of Parry Sound Ontario. It is remote. I have no commercial electricity, but I do have solar power as I am off the grid. I woke around 12:30 in the morning to put another log on the fire and took a look out my back window. I left the lights off. It was a beautiful clear night and we see a lot of stars because it is far from any city. I was looking North West and saw the strangest sight.

At first I thought it was a star but it was low because I saw it through the trees. A craft was flashing a very powerful light. It moved very slowly. It was circular in shape and I thought I could see windows. The lights from the windows were kind of yellowish like incandescent. The flashing light was white like a slow strobe light. It was followed by a second craft, perhaps 2 to 4 football fields behind it flying in perfect tandem. They were about the same size but the craft following was in red light.

I would have thought it to be one huge craft but that is far bigger than anything man-made. It seemed the front craft and the back craft seemed to be signalling with lights. The one in front would flash and then the one behind in rhythm. The front craft had white lights and the back was in red. They were moving very slowly and crossed beside the cabin so I lost sight. I looked around in the dark for my binoculars but I could not find them.

There was something creepy about it, and I was afraid to turn the lights on in the cabin to find the binoculars. I did grab the camera however and went out to the front door which faces East South East. The craft(s) continued at the same speed away from me and seemed to be climbing. I got the impression it was mapping or searching for something like a Google Earth project. It made me nervous. There was absolutely no sound whatsoever.

I waited until it passed far into the distance in case it was very high and the sound might come later but there was absolutely no sound whatsoever.

The best I could do was take a few long exposures with the camera braced up against the cabin as the thing flew away to the south west. I knew by the shutter speed that the images would be worthless but I took three shots.