Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/15/2015 21:40 (Entered as : 6/15 21:40)
Reported: 6/16/2015 3:43:03 PM 15:43
Posted: 6/19/2015
Location: Coates, MN
Shape: Fireball
Duration: 3
Characteristics: There were aircraft in the vicinity or aircraft chasing the object
Two fireball/star/planet like shapes that grew very large then shrunk and disappeared

It was around 21:40 pm. My mother and I were heading north on highway 52 toward St. Paul, Minnesota. We were on the edge of Coates, Minnesota. I had been watching planes fly from the east when I saw two large fireball shaped objects. They were a gold color and they were side by side.

I knew they were not planes because they were not moving and you could not see the outline of a airplane as you could will the other planes flying by. I watched them until we went down hill and they were covered by the tree line.

About 1 minute later, I could see back over the trees. Both objects had disappeared from the place I had just seen them. Thinking it was nothing, I returend looking out my window to the east. At this time, I saw a large gold light that I thought was a planet.

I then pointed it out to my mother. She said it was the biggest planet she had ever seen. It looked like I giant star, bigger than any star or planet I have ever seen In the night sky.

My mother looked out the front windshield and saw a second large star like object. That was when we knew it was not a planet or star because it was so large and it kept getting bigger.

This is the point where I started to cry because I relized what I was looking at. About 30 seconds after the second shape was seen my mother watched the shape to the east get smaller and smaller and I wached the north shape get smaller and smaller until they were both gone. After they were gone a plane flew across the sky. While recalling the event my mother and I both saw the objects shrink in similar sort of jagged way.

Just to note this experience was very terrifiying for me. I cried the whole way back to my house.