Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 10/11/2013 16:35 (Entered as : 10/11/13 16:35)
Reported: 10/11/2013 6:48:13 PM 18:48
Posted: 10/14/2013
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Shape: Fireball
Duration: ~10 minutes
Characteristics: There was an aura or haze around the object, The object emitted other objects, There were aircraft in the vicinity or aircraft chasing the object
Massive caravan of a hundred red/orange fireballs moving from west to east at a steady rate in formation for at least ten minutes.

First, I want to say that your second posting guideline is hilarious and probably comes from tens of thousands of terribly typed reports consisting of mostly gibberish. My sympathies to the people who have to go through these things. And now for my report...

I walked outside at around 8:35pm on 10/11/13 and immediately noticed several red/orange glowing dots in the sky. I heard a plane flying, so thought nothing of it for a moment but it quickly became apparent that the lights were not planes or helicopters or anything of the sort. My thoughts went to balloons, either large basket types or the now popular lanterns or whatever.. no, these were flying in formation and moving at a steady rate from WSW to ENE (I'm guessing. They weren't flying exactly W to E, and I'm no pilot sooo...) What I thought were half a dozen lights turned into dozens and dozens if not a hundred or more as they continued to travel in the same direction in formations of 2 or 3 to as many as 5 or 6.

There appeared to be two different types at least based on the size of the glowing orbs in relation to each other. Too, a couple times I noticed smaller glowing balls of fire "shoot out" or zoom away from the larger orbs. The slow moving herd of glowing balls of red/orange light may have had escorts of some kind, because I noticed two or three orbs moving faster than the others by themselves, not part of any of the larger formations. I don't know for sure when they actually started flying by as I feel I walked in to the halfway point of a massive caravan, but it lasted until nearly 8:43pm. Tried for pictures and video, but my phone wasn't up to the task.

My family also witnessed the event, as did one coworker I texted to make sure he saw the stuff Im always yammering about. I would be surprised if you weren't flooded with reports of this event and expect it to make the local news. I feel the sheer volume of "craft" lumps it in with some of the larger sightings you hear about in Mexico or Arizona. Dozens and dozens if not a hundred or more. Intense.