Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/25/2013 21:30 (Entered as : 08/25/13 21:30)
Reported: 8/26/2013 4:56:30 PM 16:56
Posted: 8/30/2013
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Shape: Fireball
Duration: 10 minutes
Characteristics: The object emitted other objects, The object changed color, There were aircraft in the vicinity or aircraft chasing the object, Animals reacted to the event
Fireball breaks into two over Ypsilanti

I saw a large object in the sky standing next to I94 on the service Drive looking East Towards Ann Arbor.

The object came into sight around 20:50 just before sun set i saw a very large star like ojbect that kept moving thinking nothing of it I left work and walked home. At 21:30 I saw the object change from a bright green/yellowish white to a flaming bright red. " It was on fire so much so that you could see fire dripping down at least 100 feet off the mass." For lack of better words the fireball came doing over top of me at Harris road and Ecorse it exploded and broke into two fireballs.

The one in the front being the size of a grown mans fist ( mind you I'm looking straight up at both of them they are right over top of me.) the one that broke off being at least the size of a beach ball hovering seven feet above your head. (I tested this to give a ideal of the size.

The smaller fireball burned out at about 21:38 The larger of the two was lighting up and dimming out as fire was dripping off the bottom of it at least 100 feet down of the fire that was dripping down there were flashes of light and tons of sparks.

The Fireballs did not make any sound. not even when the explosion occurred that broke it up into two chunks. The first one burned up right over what seemed to be Willow Run Air Port.( might try checking if anyone in traffic control saw anything.) The second fireball continued moving until i lose sight of it on the Harris Road overpass. just up the road for the cross roads giving. no ideal if the bigger one burned up as well or made impact. The New hasn't reported anything so I'm assuming they both burned up before making land fall.

I tried taking countless pictures and Video but by phone is a ten year old piece of junk so nothing I got was even remotely useable. I just deleted them.

Sorry for the lengthy report there was a lot of info that I had to relay. again sorry for the length and I hope this Info helps.