Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 5/4/2013 02:45 (Entered as : 05/04/13 2:45)
Reported: 5/4/2013 5:13:08 PM 17:13
Posted: 5/15/2013
Location: Bremerton, WA
Shape: Unknown
Duration: 20-30 minutes
Characteristics: There were lights on the object
White and red strobing lights gliding silently, changing directions, then appearing as three distinct solid white lights in a row.

As I was driving an early AM paper route this morning, I noticed in the Eastern sky a large, bright silver-white light strobing in an alternating pattern with a single red light. The red light, oriented to the South of the craft, would flash first, followed about second later by the white light. The red light was flashing about once per second. The craft at first was moving in a Northward direction, then after a few minutes, it began to move southward. I noted that there was no sound, and the craft seemed very low in the sky, maybe 3,000- 5,000 ft. I am not a good judge of altitude, but it occurred to me that had it been a plane, it would have been making a landing approach to be that low or close. Also, had it been a helicopter, I would most definitely have heard the chopping propeller sound since it was so close. There was never any jet or chopper noise, and I had my window rolled down completely in the vehicle.

As I proceeded southward along my route, moving from the Keyport region, into Brownsville/Illahee, I was able to periodically track the motion of the object at certain points where the view to the East allowed. It continued gliding slowly in both directions (North for a few minutes, then South, always remaining to my East out over the Puget Sound.) At one point during the sighting, I noticed that it appeared to have changed orientation and I could see three solid bright white/silver lights in a line, (maybe facing toward me, rather than parallel to me.) I thought that it might be a triangular shape and that the three lights denoted the tips. The middle light seemed to be a little brighter or larger, maybe due to being closer from my perspective.

The entire sighting took place over a period of 20-30 minutes between about 2:45 AM and 3:15 AM. I eventually lost my line of sight due to natural obstructions (a heavily wooded area.)