Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 5/26/2010 22:00 (Entered as : 05/26/10 22:00)
Reported: 5/26/2010 11:01:24 AM 11:01
Posted: 6/3/2010
Location: West Memphis, AR
Shape: Light
Duration: Two hours
Characteristics: There were lights on the object, There was an aura or haze around the object, The object changed color, There were aircraft in the vicinity or aircraft chasing the object
I small star like object moved and changed directions several time for a total of two hours

At approximately 22:00 hours my girlfriend and I went out to our back porch with our dog. It was a clear night sky so we decided to pull out a couple of chairs in the back lawn and chat while the dog did what dogs do outside. Within five minutes of looking at the night sky I noticed what appeared to be a satellite or a plane at a very high altitude moving steadily across the sky. The object appeared almost indistinguishable from a star except for the fact that it was moving. I turned to my girlfriend to ask her which one she thought it was and when we both stared back at the moving light it was sitting in the night sky stationary. I was immediately a little spooked because I was unaware of any plane, satellite, or other flying object that was capable of moving and then coming to a complete stop. My girlfriend thought I was just seeing things but I convinced her to keep an eye on for a few minutes. It is important to note that the light that was moving! was now sitting still at about an arms length distance, from my vantage point, of a small bright star. We watched the object for what seemed to be five to seven minutes, and just when I convinced myself that I was just seeing things the object clearly moved another arms length distance north of its current position. My girlfriend confirmed this movement and as we were talking about what it could be the object quickly moved east of its position. The object started at a six o’clock position, in relation to the small star near it, and when it became stationary again it was hovering at about a ten o’clock position from the star. We were so intrigued by what this could be that we watched the object for a total of two hours. Within this two hour time period, the object made several more movements, displayed a red tint at times, and changed the level of brightness it was emitting several times.