Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 10/20/1984 05:00 (Entered as : 10/20/1984 5:00)
Reported: 11/9/2004 10:29:02 PM 22:29
Posted: 12/3/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Shape: Light
Duration: 4 hr
Characteristics: There were electrical or magnetic effects
Driving in a thick pea soup fog. Car headlights went out suddenly. I had seen "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" a few years ago. (therefore the date I gave above is only an estimate) When the lights went out suddenly, I pulled to the right side of interstate 70. I was headed south. My 2 companions were go-go dancers. I was taking them home. I stopped the car and thought that the senario reminded me of the aformentioned movie. The fog was thick but when I looked to my right I saw a farm house thousands of yards away that had a large red light above it. It illuminated the whole area. I thought at first it was a helicopter searching for some lost kids or something. But the red light stayed fixed on the farmhouse. I noticed there was no sound. The huge red light and no sound made me suspicious. I tried to figure a a reasonable explanation for it, but could find none. I kept thinking that the red light would move, but it didn't. The light was so large, I reasoned, that it could not be a helicopter, either. ( I had not read any ufo books on abductions at this time. Only later did I realize that what I saw appeared to be a classic abduction case.) After watching it for a half hour or more, I realized that this could be a UFO. I raised my right hand,( in a form of greeting, with palm foreward) and said in my mind. "I have a son at home, please don't take me." I felt immediately a tingling sensation on my palm, like they had heard my message. I tried to awaken the two women in the back seat. However, they did not wake up, no matter how I tried to make them. I blieve I finally saw the light move some to my right, slowly. Still no sound. After some time of watching the red light, I fell asleep. I drove back home hours later when it was light, as my lights still did not work. I took the car to a repair shop and asked them pointedly about what caused my headlights to go out. They said they did not know. I had to have both headlights replaced.

((NUFORC Note: Date is approximate. PD))