Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 10/26/1987 00:00 (Entered as : 10/26/1987 0:00)
Reported: 7/8/2004 7:40:28 AM 07:40
Posted: 7/8/2004
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Shape: Unknown
Duration: 8 minutes
Characteristics: There were lights on the object
UFOs seen in Ft. Wayne Indiana and in Dayton Ohio on the same night in 1987

I was working on a master's degree in music ((deleted)) at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I was going home to Dayton, Ohio for the week-end so it was probably a Friday. I am not sure of the date-it was cold outside and I think in late fall when this occurred. I wish I had written down the date. I had traveled the same route at least 50 times since I was married and tried to get back to Dayton every other week-end. I was coming out of Ft. Wayne around midnight on Rt. 30 (33?). There is a long stretch there where there is a McDonalds. Up ahead of me I saw a huge bright white light that was about the height of lights at a football stadium. I wondered what it could be since I had never seen it before traveling this route. It came closer and closer moving slowly. I pulled off of the road into the McDonald's parking lot and got out of my van and stood watching it. It appeared to be very large with the white light on the front and it had a green, a red and a purple light on the body of it. It was large and flew slow and silently. I know this sounds weird but I could not make out the shape of the craft even as close as I was to it. I could only see the lights and from the spacing of the lights I knew it was very large. It flew slowly towards Ft. Wayne and then disappeared out of sight. I looked all the way back to Dayton that night hoping to see another but did not.

My husband and I owned a Book Store in Dayton called Aragon Bookshop. I went with my husband the next day to work in the store. Around noon a woman came into the bookstore and asked excitedly if we had a UFO section of books. I said yes and got up to show her where the books were. I asked her if she was interested in UFOs and she said "not until last night." I asked her what had sparked her interested the night before. She said that her and a friend had seen a lot of UFO's late at night. She said that they were driving near Wright State University when they saw them. When I asked where she said they were near where all the construction was going on near Colonel Glenn Highway. She said her and her friend observed them for several hours. She said that they were afraid to leave to go tell someone as they thoug ht they might not be there when they came back. She said they had a bright white light on the front and that they had a green, a red and a purple light on them. She said they would hover and move slowly and then they would zoom off and disappear out of sight traveling at a high rate of speed. She said there were a lot of them. She said that the next day she called her relative who was a Colonel at Wright Patterson Air Force Base which is close by where she saw the UFOs' She described the crafts and he said that there was nothing that the military had that could do what these UFOs did as she described it to him. I relayed my sighting to her of the night before in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. We marveled at the coincidence of seeing the same type of craft in 2 distant locations on the same night. She bought some UFO books and left. I often wished I had gotten her name and address so that I could contact her again.

One other little tidbit of information: When I was 19 years old in 1967 and attending Wright State University I lived off of Linden Ave. with a nice lady who let me stay there in exchange for taking care of her children from time to time. There was a little store on Linden Ave. that I frequented to buy food, stamps and etc. There was a young man who worked there who I became friendly with. One time he asked me if I would like to go see the aliens that were at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. He said that his father was a higher up in the military there(I think he said a Colonel) and that his father had taken him to see them before since he had a security clearance to where they were being kept. he said he could get me in if I wanted to see them. I was scared to go and declined his offer. I have regretted that many times since then.

((NUFORC Note: Date is approximate. PD))