Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 10/15/1985 20:00 (Entered as : 10/?/1985 20:00)
Reported: 10/22/2002 7:41:01 AM 07:41
Posted: 10/28/2002
Location: Hartford city, IN
Shape: Triangle
Duration: 10 minutes
Triangle crafts over Blackford Co.

My daughter,a friend and I were out trying to use a telescope I had recently bought, and were on a country road where there was no city lights to obstruct our view. Needless to say, we never got to use the telescope. My daughter was laying in the back of my station wagon,and started telling me that a car was coming and that I should pull off the road a little more to avoid being in the way. I glanced back at the headlights coming behind us, and even though something told me that there was somthing wierd about the lights, I started to get in the car to pull over more. Suddenly, my daughter started to yell that it was not a car, and for my friend and I to look behind us.

The lights that had been behind us, were now lifting up and over the car! My daughter wouldn't get out to see it right away, because she was afraid, but my friend and I were transfixed on the craft. It, was definetly triangular, it made NO sound,the lights were very muted on the bottom of the craft. It's size was VERY large. I would say, (I know ther are better terms) the size of an acre or a little more of land. It was crusing very slowly, about 25 to 30 miles an hr. heading in a southern direction toward Muncie, In.

My friend and I were watching this craft going off into the distance, and questioning each other to what we had just seen, when my daughter started yelling again,that there was another one coming up behind us! My friend and I looked back, and there was another craft, exactly like the first, heading in the same direction as the previous one! We all watched this one follow the same course as the first, noting again that there was no sound, and although there were lights, they were very muted. The outsides of the crafts were very dark,and appeared to be one with the blackness of the sky.

After that unforgettable sighting, we raced back to town and called the Muncie airport to see if they had heard any reports or seen anything on their screens, but they hadn't.

My friend has since died, but my daughter and I will never forget what we witnessed.