NUFORC Sighting 93294

Occurred: 2000-01-04 03:15 Local
Reported: 2012-10-03 22:27 Pacific
Duration: 1 hour
No of observers: 3

Location: Union, MO, USA

Shape: Triangle
Characteristics: Lights on object, Electrical or magnetic effects

Trangluar Craft over Union, MO Jan. 5th 2000

I live in Northern Minn. I’m retired from Law Enforcement of (10) years. I then moved into State Government work for (28) years. After retirement I stepped back into Government work as a consultant. I worked as a Volunteer Asst. Fire Chief for (24) years. I was also a member of the Bomb & Arson squad in my county.

Lets start by the date! On Jan. 5, 2000 I was at a nearby township investigating a house fire. At around 3:15 a.m. I walked back to my truck to clean off all the dirt from my boots and turn out gear. I stated listening to the Two-Way Radio in my truck. We where picking up radio traffic from the ILL area. The ILL Co. dispatcher was talking to some Police cars about a object moving North East heading for the St. Louis, MO area.

After about a half hour, I was still on the fire scene I stated heading home on I-44. That’s when I picked up our county dispatcher talking to a Union, MO Police Officer about a large object over Hwy. 50 & Hwy. 47. I turned down Hwy. 47 towards Union, MO. As I came over the hill into town I saw three white lights about 75-100 ft. apart from each other. In between the round white lights there were multicolored-color lights scrolling back and fourth from left to right and back again.

I came down the hill and pulled up behind two Police Officers parked on the side of the road.

I then could see a very large triangle shaped craft with more lights on the bottom of the craft. One very bright white light in each corner & one red light in the center towards the back of the craft. The white lights where beaming straight down. The red light was blinking on & off like a radio tower light. I got out my truck and started walking up to the Police Officers. One officer was from the City of Union, MO the other was a Franklin Co. Deputy. Just as I got up to them the craft started to move off to the north east at about a very fast running speed. The two officers got in their cars and started to chase the craft.

I was unable to keep up with the two officers. They where using their overhead lights. So, after a minute or so, I caught up to them. I got out of the truck again and walked up to the officers. The craft had stopped again about a mile up the road. As we were watching, the bright spotlight type lights in each corner came down to about 100 feet from the ground and stopped. No light beam touched the ground. We watched the craft for about 10-mins. Then the craft moved again. This time only about ½-mile and stopped again. After stopping and getting out to talk with officers again, I noticed the County officer was trying to talk to the dispatcher by two-way radio. I have a portable two-way radio with me and could not pick-up any radio traffic from the County or the officer in front of me.

I need to mention that the craft was directly overhead and about 500 ft. high. The craft was also the width of a football field. The sides in some parts of the craft where about 10-ft. at the corners and moved up to about 20-ft. in the center, making it curved on top and flat across the bottom. As this craft moved again all radio traffic returned to normal. We again could hear the dispatcher over in ILL talking.

As the craft moved off for the third time, the County officer looked at both of us and said “I another call pending” got back in to his car and drove off! So the Union office told me he was to far out of the city limits, “I don’t see a thing” and got back in his car, turned around on old Hwy. 100 and drove off. I watched the craft move off until I could not see the lights any longer. It was moving cross country and there were only private roads & driveways. I then got back into my truck and drove home.

At the second stop the county officer was trying to set his dash camera in the up direction, but it was bolted in and would not turn. I waited for weeks to see this story in the news paper or on the TV news, but no one file a report. Do to the fact I didn’t have a Police report to fall back on, I decided not to talk to anyone about this sighting. Now that I’m retired and this craft keeps showing up in Missouri, I thought I would bring this story to light. Hopefully, this will help out investigators in the future.


Witness elects to remain totally anonymous; provides no contact information. PD

Posted 2012-10-30

© 2023 National UFO Reporting Center. All rights reserved. Use or reproduction within any application without written consent is prohibited.