Occurred: 1967-03-10 23:00:00 Local
Location: Mt. Washington, NH, USA
Shape: Circle
Duration: 2 min
No of observers: 2
Reported: 2009-02-22 11:25:54 Pacific
Posted: 2009-03-19 00:00:00
Characteristics: Lights on object, Left a trail

Three incidents that happened to me in the White Mountains.

My friend and I were hiking to Tuckerman's Ravine on Mt. Washington late at night in 1967. We were both 17 and still in High School. I decided to rest on a very large rock and drink some wine. We were laying on our backs looking up at the stars when my friend said, "look at that star moving across the sky". I said, "That must be the satellite echo, the one covered with a reflective surface." Then my friend started stuttering which was a complete surprise to me. He said "Tha tha that's no satellite, it's reading my mind. Then I connected also and it flashed a great big "Hello" like in lights in my brain, and then it shot off toward the moon and disappeared into a speck and then gone. It's possible that we were abducted because I can't remember anything about the trip after that except driving home.

There are two more incidents connected to this. One happened 7 years earlier in 1960 when I was 10 years old. This time my family was with me, my father, brother and mother. Hiking from the top of Mt. Washington to Mt. Adams, I became very ill and had a 104 degree temperature. When we finally made it to the Mt. Adams hut, I was burning up. My mother asked everyone at the hut if they were a doctor. One couple told her, "We are not doctors, but we can heal your son". She said "OK" and brought them to me in the mens dorm. They explained to her what they were going to do. "We are going to put our hands on your son's chest and remove the fever." The woman put her hands on my chest and the man put his hands on her elbows. Immediately they started to withdraw from the burning heat that drained out of my chest. The man said to the women, "Did you burn your fingers?" She said "yes" and I could see her fingers were bright red. I felt completely better immediately. My mother took my temperature and it was back to 98.6. My mother will vouch that all this happened. My brother and father didn't see it and didn't believe it. We learned later that this couple belonged to the Atherious Society. The next incide! nt happe ned seven years after the second incident, which was listed first. , when I was 24. Again, I was hiking to the Mt. Adams hut, this time with my 17 year old cousin. We wanted to go to the top of Mt. Adams first, but there was a large man completely covered in rain gear and all you could see were his eyeballs. He was standing at the base of the trail to the top and he roughly told us we couldn't hike up there because of the bad weather. It was windy, but it wasn't very cold and it was a bright sunny day. I could see a lot of people coming down from the top. We were a little annoyed but decided to take his advice and take the short cut to the Mt. Adams hut. When we were about 50 feet away, something lifted us up in the air about 4 feet and layed us on the ground gently on our backs. I looked back, but the man was gone. I was sure he had done this to us. Again, I don't remember discussing this at the time and ever again with my cousin. A few years later, I wrote to Betty Hill after Barney had died. I told her about these incidents and I got a wonderful letter back from her.


Source of report indicates that the date of the incident is approximate. PD

© 2023 National UFO Reporting Center. All rights reserved. Use or reproduction within any application without written consent is prohibited.