|Occurred : 3/6/2018 21:00 (Entered as : 03/06/2018 21:00)
Reported: 3/9/2018 2:10:08 PM 14:10
Location: Tamarindo (Costa Rica),
|Near the top of the sky, we first saw a light beam very high in the sky near the Orion Constellation. It appeared to be literally in space. It subtended probably 1 degree or less of the sky. At first I thought it was a shooting star streak that sustained for a moment, however, it was perfectly straight and whitish perhaps tinted blue in color and seemed unnatural.
As we all looked up (3 people saw it). Two additional beams of light appeared, appearing to go from east to west. These two beams were exactly parallel to each other and very close (let’s say 1/5 of the diameter of the moon apart). These beams subtended more like 50 degrees of the sky starting from near the eastern horizon (but none of us were sure of where it started as we were focused on the top part) and extended all the way to where we saw the first beam (next to the star Bellatrix in the Orion constellation) near the top of the sky.
The beams then rapidly wobbled (perhaps about 1/5th of the moon diameter) back and forth in unison and staying parallel to each other before fading away. The total time was maybe 3-4 seconds for the second event. I would say maybe 10 seconds for the whole event starting with the first small beam.
A few other facts: • It was a completely clear evening and the Milky Way was dimly visible.
• The moon was not above the horizon yet.
• The beams were very thin like a triple wide pencil line on a sheet of paper with a taper at the tip. Imagine a very long, thin knitting needle appearing high in the sky.
• All 3 of us saw the exact same thing and described it to each other in detail which matched.
• The only airport is 30 miles away and I have never seen an airplane there (I have spent about 5 weeks or so in this area and viewed the sky many of these nights. I am 100% sure it was not an airplane light, but point this out as it is the only rational explanation at first blush.
o The sighting was on a beach just south of the town of Tamarindo, Costa Rica on the Pacific Coast.
• The viewing was from a roof top condominium deck.
• There was nothing natural about the appearance.
Speculatively, I would guess it was some sort of Government test of a missile defense program. It was not natural, and no craft was visible.