NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 3/3/1975 02:00 (Entered as : 03031975)
Reported: 1/20/2018 12:41:53 PM 12:41
Posted: 1/25/2018
Location: Moore, OK
Shape: Disk
Duration:40:00 minutes
UFO within a hundred yards and silent.

I was a young man almost a teen, there was a meteor shower assigned for extra credit for science class. My mother was with me and this was before there was much growth to the City of Moore.

On first street where we lived there was a large field and the only thing there was the City water tower which has now turned into a cell tower. We lived 1/2 BLOCK WEST OF I-35. My mother woke me at one a.m. and we went outside to watch for meteors.

After an hour or so I was restless and walking from the front yard across the street to the field. The time was in-between two and three in the morning I noticed something over the tree tops to the west and my mother told me it had to be a plane from toward the airport NW of us.

But this thing kept moving toward us very slowly, I was one of those kids who knew all about airplanes and helicopters and all the things military a kid could read about, My mother even became concerned with it. She made me come back in my yard. It took about 40 minutes for this thing to appear to the west and disappear to the east. There was light traffic on I-35 but there was traffic. The only to the west was the water tower in the field. We watched the entire time, when it reached our place it was large enough to block out the tank of the water tower, it was between us and the tower.

It made no noise, and it seemed to hover for a good five minutes blocking out the tower, The sounds of cars on gthe interstate was all we heard. There was no disturbance in the air like a helicopter would make. The craft was saucer shaped and had lights of many colors right in the middle. I don't know if the center was turning or the lights were just turning on and off and changing colors so rapidly it made it look like the center was rotating. It was the absolute quiet that actually scared my mother. The craft could not have been more than a hundred or so feet in the air. I had no film anywhere in the house so we could not take pictures.

As it was directly across from our house I remember my mother hanging on to arm where I could not go out closer to it. I wanted to see underneath it. At this point she held on to me until it slowly and quietly traveled over I-35.

We were so close it had to know we were there watching it.

The next day I went to all the neighbors for blocks and asked if they had heard or seen anything. My mother allowed me to report this to the K O M A radio station there in the then south part of Moore. I spoke with the station manager who commented on how precise and accurate my story was. when I finished I asked him if anyone else had reported this. He told me there were several others who reported this event that lived in the Moore area and even people who were on I-35 had called in passing through.

Nothing ever came from this and no one ever came to speak with my mom and I. I see lots of reports of things in the sky around the Moore Oklahoma area even now. I would enjoy the chance to take a poly=graph and even to try and do hypnosis to see if there is anything I have forgotten.