|Occurred : 8/14/2016 17:00 (Entered as : 08/14/16 17:00)
Reported: 8/15/2016 3:08:24 PM 15:08
Location: Allyn, WA
|Observed an object in teh sky that flew fast, straight then 90 degree turn quickly, sped off.
15 Aug 2016. 1700Hrs (approx.) Allyn, WA, Observation.
1. Beginning my observation facing west at about a 75 degree high from my patio deck.
2. Object was traveling in a Northerly direction, from my left to my right.
3. Duration of observation about 10 – 15 seconds.
4. Once object passed by my front, heading northerly at reaching about a 65 – 70 degree angle, to my right it took an abrupt turn to its left, it then zigged right and then zagged to the left once in each direction, then continued heading west and sped off in the westerly direction.
5. Not knowing the size of the object, altitude was difficult to determine, as no other measureable objects nearby gave any proportion. I will say the object was at an altitude of least 10,000 to 15,000 feet AGL. Higher is possible, however the object’s shape was still determinable.
6. My wife was pruning small tree limbs when she observed the object. She asked me if it was a (Birthday type) balloon floating?
a I looked up and tried to see it as a balloon, but its trajectory and speed were too straight and fast to be a balloon.
b. I then quickly thought it might be a satellite or space junk, although still day light, I thought it possible however, when it turned a 90 degree left and sped west, I knew it was not a satellite.
7. The weather was clear and sunny, with no clouds in the area in mention.
8. The object’s color was a bare metal and colorless.
9. I did not observe any wings or empennage. Its shape was circular or round similar to a balloon.
10. It emitted no sound that I could hear and left no con-trail.