NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 12/9/2015 21:10 (Entered as : 12/09/15 21:10)
Reported: 12/10/2015 4:55:35 PM 16:55
Posted: 12/17/2015
Location: Walpole Island (Canada), ON
Shape: Triangle
Duration:2 minutes
Giant black triangle at helicopter height flies directly overhead us.

At night,I went to town and drove the back way home. When I turned east at my road, I seen a big yellow light in the sky about helicopter height. I drove the few houses and quickly reached my house watching this stationary yellow light.

When I got out of the van, the light was moving but now I could see the under lights on it. I went to the door and told my sister to come watch this big plane.

It glided in a straight light now moving south like it was going straight over my neighbour's house. It wasn't a plane. It was a giant black triangle with high sides and lights underneath it. The gold light was still there but didn't look as large as before. The gold light was at the front of the thing.

Suddenly it turned and neatly swerved and quickly right overhead of me and my sister. That was unnerving. I didn't watch it when it went directly overhead.

My sister watched it move directly overhead. I was too scared to. Because at first, I thought it was going to crash as it was so low in the sky. It didn't make sense what it was or why was that big thing over my neighbour's yard was now coming right over me.

I turned and watched when it wasn't so directly overhead. But it was so big, it was still overhead us and moved slowly to the west. I bet it moved to Selfridge Airport. Military vehicle maybe.

It was not high in the sky at all. It was high as a helicopter only. It was a giant black triangle. It had bottom lights - red lights on one side and green lights on the other and some white lights. That gold light seemed to be on the front. It was this gold light that didn't have a beam but when I first seen it, but the light seemed to project somewhat.

I watched it leave but not really. It seemed to disappear into the light fog or mist that was happening over the last few days.

It was completely silent until it maneuvered overhead us. It made a big loud engine noise for at least several seconds and then it went back to quiet again.

I heard that same noise in the sky a few weeks ago. I went running out of my house then to see what would make that noise but I couldn't see it.

I'm going to go out tonight at the same time and see if I can see it again, and I have camera ready this time.