NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/14/2014 20:30 (Entered as : 06/14/2014 20:30)
Reported: 6/21/2014 10:05:06 AM 10:05
Posted: 6/24/2014
Location: Denver, CO
Shape: Light
Duration:3-4 minutes
Bright light hovering at DIA.

We were at DIA catching a flight to Boston. Our flight had been delayed for several hours due to mechanical errors and then poor weather conditions, so we were on the runway waiting to depart along with several other airplanes that were also delayed. Our plane was just sitting on the runway waiting for other planes to lift off. I was looking out the window watching how many planes were just sitting there as it was a really weird to see 8-10 planes lined up like that.

It was then that I noticed a small bright light becoming larger and brighter at around 3000 ft and about a ¼ of a mile away from our plane. I think we were looking towards the South, but I don’t know that for sure. It was too low to be a planet or star and it was most definitely not a plane or helicopter as it sat stationary. I asked my friend sitting next to me what she thought it was and she said she thought it was a satellite. I laughed and said that there was no way it could be a satellite as it was just sitting there and the fact that it was so low and bright, that no satellite could do that, so I kept watching. This is where it got really weird.

It first appeared as a small white-yellowish light that became larger and brighter right in front of my eyes. Then it became about the size of a dime (a little smaller actually) at arm’s length. It sat there for about 45-60 seconds, moved a little to the left, and then it disappeared. I pointed out to my friend that it just disappeared and she said, “Well, that’s not a satellite then!” I kept looking to see if it would come back and it did! This time, it did the exact same thing as before, starting out as small, got bigger and brighter, stayed put for a bit, and then moved to the left, and then it disappeared again. But this time, my friend saw it come back and watched it do exactly what I described the first time. We were blown away as it seemed to be observing all the aircrafts lined up waiting to take off.

As we were complaining about just sitting on the runway with no movement, it came back a 3rd time and made itself known in the exact same fashion as the previous events. This time I took a picture of it with my new phone. I haven’t figured out a way to make the picture bigger or clearer yet, but I’m excited to see what it’ll look like once I do.

Also, the following night in Cape Cod, I and 2 other friends had another sighting that just blew our minds! I’ll make another report for that sighting under the state of Massachusetts in a little while.