NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 3/31/2014 00:57 (Entered as : 03/31/14 0:57)
Reported: 4/2/2014 7:51:44 PM 19:51
Posted: 4/4/2014
Location: Bellingham, WA
Shape: Circle
Duration:1-3 minutes
Silent orange orb floating above trees in Bellingham WA (Fairhaven exit 250/Freeway area) at 12:57am, 03/31/14

Sighting for: Monday, March 31, 2014, at 12:57am

At 12:57am on the southbound I-5 freeway, about 500 feet before exit 250 in Bellingham WA, there was one medium-sized orange/partial red orb that was floating/hovering above a group of trees that were next to the freeway.

The object made no sound.

The object made a floating and hovering movement above the trees, probably 50 feet above ground level---so, right above the trees. This happened for a minute and a half.

After the horizontal hovering above the trees, the object turned upwards towards the sky and elevated straight into the sky at a slow pace for about 40-50 seconds. As the object turned upwards to face the sky, it appeared to look like a triangle for a brief moment (this was nighttime, so it was hard to tell), complete with a reddish light towards the back.

I only managed to get one picture of the object. It took me over a minute to get my digital camera set up in my car, and by the time I took the picture, the object was at least 20,000 feet into the mostly cloudy night sky.

In the picture, the object looked exactly like a circular orange orb with a slight blur on one side because the object continued to do that very subtle back-and-forth hover that it did when it was hovering horizontally/parallel to the trees.

After looking at the picture itself, it’s safe to confirm that it definitely wasn't a satellite, search and rescue helicopter, jet, plane, Chinese lantern, flare, or any other “logical explanation”. It was a UFO.

The object was intriguing, which led me to pull off to the side of the road on the northbound lane to stare at it and send this report a few days later. The reason I was in the northbound lane was because that was the direction I was headed in my car. I rolled my window down, gathered my digital camera and tried to set it up as fast as I could to start taking pictures. It took me about 60-90 seconds to get my camera out and set it up for nighttime flash.