NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 9/25/1975 22:30 (Entered as : 09/25/1975 22:30)
Reported: 3/28/2014 4:10:58 PM 16:10
Posted: 4/4/2014
Location: Little Valley, OR
Shape: Light
Duration:5 minutes
Two headlights following the canal road, rises into the air, goes a ways, lights fade out and disappear without any sound.

In September or October 1975, six members of my family and I were at the northwest edge of our 300 acre farm. We were below the canal road skinning out two deer. It was about a four mile drive from our house up the valley and along the canal road to this spot. It was getting dark.

As the guys were skinning out the two does, my cousin, sister, and I were hanging out near the car. I noticed a car coming down the winding canal road. I called to the guys that a car was coming. We watched as the two car head lights came closer. The lights came to the last curve just before where our car and pickup were pulled down onto our land off the canal bank.

The lights did not go around the curve, but gradually rose into the air and continued to pass overhead. I don't know how far past us or how high it went, but in just a short time the lights faded out and were gone. We realized that we hadn't even heard any motor or engine running. It was silent. It may have been too dark, because we didn't see a vehicle or airplane body. All we saw were the lights.

A couple days later, the game warden came and fined my brother for shooting does during buck season and took the meat. I don't know how they found out.

We were at the north end of our property. The lights came along the canal from the south going north. We were standing facing east watching the guys taking care of the deer. We turned to look south to watch for cars. The lights left the canal road and were heading east when they faded out.

My father had lived on this farm for 25 years. My brothers, sister, and I had lived there since we were born. My cousin had been living with us for about a month. There were 3 brothers, 3 sisters, and my mom who were not with us at the sighting.