NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 1/24/2007 19:40 (Entered as : 01/24/07 19:40)
Reported: 1/28/2007 7:56:17 PM 19:56
Posted: 2/1/2007
Location: Leupp, AZ
Shape: Changing
Duration:55 minutes
Driving home saw lights circle vehicle soundlessly for about ten miles

On Tuesday January 24 2007, at 7:40 p.m. My sister and I were traveling from Flagstaff to Leupp AZ. My sister sighted unusual lights in the sky about 10 miles West outside of the community of Leupp, AZ.

The lights came from the southwest and I noticed it flew east while going in a 3-mile wide circumference circling around our car. It circled our car about four times. The only 3 lights on the craft were in a triangular shape always the same distance from each other. The lights were yellow and did not blink at all.

At 7:50 p.m. I was still watching the lights. We were 3 miles outside of Leupp. The lights were still doing its circular turns in a counterclockwise direction while we were headed east. The craft came down to a low altitude as it flew over the Leupp Public School. I noticed that the outline of it was distinguishable to a disk with 4 lights, equal distance from each other on the circumference of it.

Then all of the lights went out as it flew over the community and one light came on in the middle. I saw the craft was about twice the size of the school gym at the school. As it passed over the community it turned on its side and kept going toward the East in a straight line.

At 8:04 p.m. I got home. It was still headed east and starting to make the circles again with the one light in the middle. I saw 2 jets intercept and follow it east out of sight. The lights made no sound even when low to the ground but you could clearly hear the sound of the jets.

At 8:08 p.m. the lights looped around and went back over the community. I noticed that the craft had 5 lights on it, 4 around it and the last light in the dead center of it. The craft then headed east and out of sight at 8:35 p.m.

At about the same time a larger jet showed up and my dad said that it looked like they were doing aerial refueling as small jets would come close behind it and then leave toward the East where the lights had disappeared. Two more small jets appeared and refueled and headed to the South. It was unusual to see jets refueling at night in this area.