NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 7/8/2006 22:30 (Entered as : 07/08/2006 22:30)
Reported: 7/12/2006 4:30:53 PM 16:30
Posted: 7/16/2006
Location: London (UK/England),
Shape: Light
Duration:20 mins
Two bright red lights in the sky, appeared low flying but totally silent almost as though they were travelling in the wind.

I was sitting in the living room with my mother and step dad when i noticed a red light in the sky through the patio windows. We all went outside and noticed there was another red light which appeared to be following the first one. At first we thought they must be hot air balloons, one following the other, or perhaps they were attached in some way but it was too dark to see. We were looking for bursts of flames as we were looking for these balloons or perhaps the sound of a burst but there wasnt a single sound during the whole duration of the sighting nor did the lights flicker or distort in any way. We didnt seem to be able to focus correctly on the objects, they appeared to be blurred somewhat, i thought it was my eyesight at first (which is normally A+) but we all mentioned we couldnt focus on them.

They appeared to be travelling at identical speeds, one following the other. They werent travelling very fast, it almost looked as though they were being carried by the wind until we noticed that the second ufo appeared to go closer to the first and then slow down again. We couldnt determine whether they were low flying or high flying. They were quite bright red lights that appeared to be flying low but because we couldnt hear any sound at all we all assumed they were flying quite high in the sky. If they were at a high altitude then these objects must be quite large in size.

We watched them for about 15-20 minutes, one constantly following the other. They appeared to be increasing altitude as they were getting further away. The second ufo kept moving closer and slowing down from the first ufo. The leading ufo appeared to remain at a steady speed.

As they gradually moved further away heading north, the second ufo appeared to break away from the first moving off to the right in an easterly direction. It then disappeared either into clouds or just out of vision we couldnt quite make it out. About 20 seconds later the first ufo disappeared also either into clouds or out of vision.

I never thought i'd witness anything like this and have always been sceptical about other claims. I even took a photo on my camera phone, its not brilliant but its still evidence. I'd be willing to discuss this with anyone that wishes to.