NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/15/1968 17:00 (Entered as : June, 1968 17:00)
Reported: 4/17/2006 7:13:40 AM 07:13
Posted: 5/15/2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Shape: Unknown
Duration:20 minutes
Unknown light/object moving perpendicular/horizontal in seconds and disappearing then reappearing

At about 5PM in June, 1968, I was in the car with my mother driving east on River Knolls Drive. As we reached the crest of the hill that led down to our home, I noticed a white/silvery light in the distance over the trees as we looked almost due east (or barely southeast). There was nothing else in sky as it was a clear summer day and I called attention to this unknown light to my mother.

She was surprised at the light and pulled the car over to the side of the road and we began watching the light in the distance(it was off in the distance but I can only guess 10-20 miles away. When I first spotted this light what caught my attention was the fact that it was at times stationary but would then move up in a direct perpendicular line and would then sometomes move sideways in a direct horizontal line. These movements were in the blink of an eye and guessing at the distance I would say these horizontal and perpendicular movements were many miles in seconds.

We watched this movement for about 15 minutes and the mental image I have is of this unknown light/object making a cross or plus sign in the sky. As we watched this movement we both commented and agreed that there was nothing we knew of on this earth that could move and change directions so quickly and stop in an an instant.

As we were watching this movement for about 15 minutes all of a sudden the light blinked out. This surprised us and we were going to proceed on home when the light blinked back on and reappeared in about the same spot as we originally saw it. It made a few more horizontal/perpendicular movements and blinked out again and did not reappear. The total duration of this event was about 20 minutes.

My mother and I were perplexed at this event because we had no explanation for what we had seen.

I was 16 years old at the time and never forgot those amazing 20 minutes.

I do know that reporting this 38 years later I can recall the incident as if it had happened 5 minutes ago.

((NUFORC Note: Date in June 1968 is approximate. PD))