NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 12/12/2004 02:00 (Entered as : 12/12/2004 2:00)
Reported: 12/12/2004 12:58:26 AM 00:58
Posted: 12/14/2004
Location: Friendswood, TX
Shape: Triangle
Duration:45 min
Triangular shape craft seen from the Houston, Tx. area on 12/12/04 @ 2 a.m.

While taking my dogs outside before bed I noticed how clear the sky was (in the Houston area that is rare). The stars were more visable then I have seen in a while so I stopped to enjoy them. It was then that I noticed a triangular shape of lights while I was looking to the northwest. I realized that there was a solid object inside the triangular shape of lights. I ran inside and called my brother who was spending the night and he came out and confirmed that he was seeing the same thing. I then went back inside and called a friend that was visiting from Dallas and my husband. We all watched it for awhile and even took a digital picture but at that altitude you couldn't see the outline. The object never moved and the lights would blink sometimes a red or blue, though not at the same time. And a few times it would look like lights would flicker across the object. I am 5'6" and standing with my hands raised with a ruler from the bottom of the Dipper, the object was the distance of around 14 inches to the north and the size of the object was 1 1/2" with the longer tip of the object (A light was on each tip) pointing to the WSW. There were also lights lining the sides of the object. While watching the object, it did not move that we could see, I noticed what I can only describe as two shooting stars to the south. Whether this is related I do not know and I was the only one of the four that saw them. It is only conjecture among the four of us that the object was outside of our atmosphere because of the way that the object would go out of focus for a second very hazy and then be clear . The others went inside after about 20 minutes while I continued to watch. Around 2:45 the clouds started to roll in and obscure the object and I went inside.