NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 11/25/2003 05:33 (Entered as : 11/25/2003 5:33)
Reported: 12/16/2003 8:34:19 AM 08:34
Posted: 12/19/2003
Location: Columbia (70 miles south of, on I-26 West), SC
Shape: Circle
Duration:2-3 minutes, Not totally
Enormous Round Object with Lights in the Sky

I was driving on I-26 west heading North when I noticed what I thought at first was a strange reflection of lights in my windsheild.

This had been going on for a few minutes when I became aware of it. I then looked up at the sky and there seemed to be lights behind the clouds, I thought maybe lightening. But the lights were not flashing and I could not see streaks or bolts. The lights seemed to be undulating(for lack of a better word) behind the clouds.

I then became aware of a light and some movement in the corner of my left eye.

When I looked I saw an enormous(huge!) round object with 2 sets of lights in a large and small circle (inside the large) on it. It appeared to spin slightly one way and then the other. I'm not sure if it was turning or if the lights were just blinking.

The object was very close to the tree tops and was at a slight angle.

I was in a total state of shock.

And then I realized how close it was to me and that it seemed to be following along with me.

I kind of panicked and turned off my radar detector, cell phone and radio.

I realize now that this was silly.

But I suddenly became scared.

Then as suddenly as I noticed it , it was gone.

I don't remember seeing it fly away or anything.

I just remember it no longer being there.

I may have just sped up and left it behind.

There were no cars near me going North and I could see some heading my way on the other side of the interstate, but they were not close.

It was strange because I forgot about it for about a half a day and then suddenly I remembered and told my daughter about it.

I have been searching to see if anyone else saw this.

It was so huge that I could not be the only one to see this! I was wide awake and had only been traveling about 2.5 hours.