NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 5/16/1999 22:30 (Entered as : 05/16/99 22:30)
Reported: 8/22/2003 8:45:02 PM 20:45
Posted: 8/28/2003
Location: Manchester, NH
Shape: Triangle
Duration:Not Sure
Large triangle shaped craft hovered soundlessly near Elm St I never want to see anything like this again

I well understand that this event occurred four years ago. I have been hesitant to talk about it, however having discovered this website I thought it is time now to do so. I am reporting this just as I wrote in my journal that night so it isn't as though I am relying on fuzzy memories.

It was on the night of our wedding anniversary and my husband and I were driving home from my mother's house on the west side of the city. I was driving north on Canal St. then took a right(east) onto Brook St and proceeded to the intersection of Elm St. From there I went left (north) onto Elm and it was near the Bellman's Jewelers store that my husband first noticed what looked to be a very large jet. It was pretty low and appeared to be heading toward the direction of Manchester Airport. He lost sight of it momentarily as it seemed to disappear behind the New Hampshire Insurance building. It was so large and bright that he told me to watch as it would be flying right over our car. But as we were stopped at a red light at the intersection of Elm and the Amoskeag Bridge we both kept looking for the jet however it didn't appear. When the light changed I drove on slowly past the NH Insurance Building (it is on the corner of Elm & the Amoskeag) looking for the jet that had seemingly disappeared. I was looking out of my side window as my husband watched from the front windshield. It was near a funeral home that I decided to pull over to the curb as a set of lights caught my eye - red and white, not blinking and distinctly shaped like a triangle. At first I thought that it was somehow attached to the roof of the building like a set of decorative lights. But I realized that the lights were not fixed, rather they were HOVERING. And it was very large. I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, like I had been kicked and lost my breath. I was overwhelmed with a sense of fear, wishing I wasn't there. I screamed at my husband "It's hovering!" He leaned over to look out the front windshield and the object began to slowly move toward the south. It was so close to us, just across the street. My husband then opened the car door and stepped out and look. I started to panic as I was afraid for him. The object made absolutely no sound and seemed to float effortlessly southeast over Elm St. heading toward the airport.! By this time I was so frightened I only wanted to leave. I shouted for my husband to get back in the car. When we got home we stayed up until 3 am talking about it and I had a restless sleep filled with nightmares.

The above description, as I stated before, was taken from my journal. To this day I am frightened when I recall that night. My husband had always said he would have to see something for himself before he could believe yet he cannot explain what we experienced. That it hovered soundlessly I cannot put out of my mind and I cannot come up with any sort of reasonable explanation. I hope I never see anything like that again.