NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/18/2002 01:00 (Entered as : 06/18/2002 01:00)
Reported: 6/21/2002 3:19:08 PM 15:19
Posted: 2/11/2003
Location: Index, WA
Duration:30 minutes
There was a buzzing noise that entered my body.

My husband and I were camping the night of 6/17/02 at Troublesome Creek campground, which is located on the shores of the Skykomish River. The rain made it hard to sleep as we were in an old VW camper van and the rain was loud hitting the roof. I had opened a window earlier in the evening for air. At around 1am I woke up from an intense dream where I was in a hospital with bright lights all around. As I lay there trying to relax, I noted that the rain was subsiding, and that the sound of the rapids was being interrupted, as if it were being blocked off, at regular intervals. Then I heard a loud buzzing noise above the van. It came closer, and suddenly I was being absorbed, or I was absorbing, this noise. It was loud in my head, and I tried to plug my ears but my arms would not move. I felt like I was on a fast moving carnival ride, but I didn't go anywhere. It was pitch black out- no lights, nothing. This buzzing inside my body only lasted for about 5 seconds, then it was outside again. It moved away, and the river still had that odd pulsing sound. Then the buzzing returned, the same as before, starting outside the van, and then inside of me.

And as before, it left again. The second time it left, I noticed the river sounds were normal again, and then the rain started pouring down, enough to wake-up my husband. He never heard a thing. The next morning, as we were getting ready to leave, we were approached by another camper (there had been only 3 couples in the campground. Early in the morning, I saw one of the couples leave), and I asked him if he heard any strange noises in the night. He said he slept soundly, but his wife complained of hearing things. When I told him what happened, he said it was similiar to what his wife told him happened to her. At that point, we left.

One thing I noted: Before we went to bed, I left a couple of plastic cups on the table by our drinking water. In the night, it sounded like they were on the ground, being kicked or blown around. The next morning, they were exactly where I left them, with rainwater in them. Also, when we stopped for breakfast at a diner not far from the campground, we were told that there had been a lighting and thunder storm over the area the night before. We heard no thunder and saw no lighting, and we were only about 7 miles or so (about a 20 minute drive on curving roads)away.

So, what happened to me???