NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 2/2/2002 21:15 (Entered as : 02/02/02 2115)
Reported: 2/3/2002 7:14:33 PM 19:14
Posted: 3/21/2003
Location: Melbourne, FL
Shape: Light
Eleven reddish orange lights appear and disappear in the skey

On Saturday, February 2,2002 at approximately 9:15 p.m., my husbard and I were leaving my mothers house, she leaves in the Lake Washington area. In the southwest sky my husband observed a reddish orange light. The light appeared to be standing still. Living near an airport we first thought it might be a incoming airplane. We got out of the car and while waiting to see if the light would move all of a sudden a second but smaller light appeared above and to the right of the first light. As we waited to see what would happen next the first light suddenly disappeared. Then all of a sudden the light reappeared and then the second light disappeared. I called my mother out and she brought with her a pair of binoculars. When looking through the binoculars you could observe the lights pulsating. The light would take turns suddenly appearing and disappearing. The lights would also change shapes. The continuded for about 40-45 minutes. When all of a sudden one by one seven lights appeared. Each light was even distanced except for the space between the 4 and 5 light. After all seven lights appeared in a perfectly straight horizontal line, to the above and left 4 more lights appeared. The next thing we heard was what eppeared to be two military jets and a Blackhawk helicopter. There was also a plane with search lights that flew over the sightings area. Upon the arrival of the aircraft all of the lights immediately disappeared. My sister and her friend also observed the unusually busy night sky with the military aircraft. This entire episode lasted for about 50 minutes. If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I would not have believe it.