NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 5/23/1985 09:00 (Entered as : 05/23/85 0900)
Reported: 3/22/2001 23:19
Posted: 4/1/2001
Location: Little Rock, AR
Shape: Circle
This is not something I take lightly.

It has been some time since the sighting.It has change my life and the way I look at things.Not many ears have heard this so here it goes.First of all I come from an educated background and don't usually write about this type thing.This story has two parts,I was only able to fit the first part of this story in after the second sighting.I was sitting on the bank of the Arkansas river,when i noticed an object about 150yards from me.It was moving down the river,about 40 feet above the river it had bright lights all over it.The strangest part of it was there was no sound,none.I thought what is that? It moved at a steady pase,maybe 70mph.I thought that this was strange but went back to the pavillion.It was getting late and my sisters and I were going home from the church cookout.We did not have anything to drink.I got in the back and my sisters in front.As we talked I leaned over the front so I could here themwhen I noticed an object in the sky moving to the ground.It was spherical in shape and had a silver color,very smooth.It looked like it was going to land,I pointed to it and my sisters then noticed.As we got closer,about 100yards it slowly moved up in the sky and stopped.It was then about 80 feet in the sky and hovering.My sisters at this time are screaming.I told Diane to stop the car and that I was getting out when they grabbed my and said no way.At this point we are stopped and it is still hovering above us to the right.To get a better look without getting out I leaned back in the seat and looked straight up through the back glass.I got a real good look as the object was moving over us very slowly.It was real close,could have hit it with a rock.It had white,red,blue and a mix of colors underneath,and the lights were firing after each other in a certain pattern.It had designs underneath and I noticed then it was not round but had some slight corners.The object moved over the car and started to go higher,NO SOUND.The craft made no sound at all,it was 80feet above us and climbing and their was no sound! at all, other than screams from my sisters.It slowly made its way up towards a ridge and climbed over it and out of sight.This thing was in no hurry,and it seemed as if it didn't want to leave the area we first saw it.Anyway thats it,thanks for listening.Backgrounds of witnesses:Both of my sisters are nurses and I am a store manager now.Lets put it this way I haven't brought this subject up in 15 years to them.We just don't talk about it.I have been wanting to get this off my chest for some time now.Thank you.