NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 9/6/1998 22:15 (Entered as : 09/6/98 22:15)
Reported: 5/9/2000 03:59
Posted: 2/5/2003
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Shape: Other
Duration:1 to 2 Minutes
Very large wedge (flying wing) with tall winglets (Looked to be about 15 to 20 feet tall)at each wing tip. There were what looked to be virtical windows or lights about 16" X 60" in the winglets and several across the bottome of the wedge. The craft appeared in the south and flew to the north. It took about 2 minutes from the time I first saw it until it was completely out of sight. The wedge was flying about 500 to a 1000 feet above the ground and made no noise.

I live near the southern end of the local airport. We only have a couple inbound night flights. I went out to get some air and look at the stars. I looked up at the dig dipper then looked to the south. I thought the 10:30p.m. flight was comming in a few nimutes early. I noticed that the plane had on what seemed to be landing lights. I also noticed that it seemed to be comming in pretty darn fast. It did not slow down when it should have nor did it desend as it got closer. The object was not following the normal routeen. It Passed almost directly overhead so I was able to get a very good look at it. As it approached I could see it was not shaped like the 737 that normally came in at 10:30 p.m. The wingletts at the located at the tip of eash wing looked to be about 20 feet tall and had 4 virtical lights or windows on each side of the winglett. These lights or windows looked simular to a two tube, four foot, floresnt light. There was a row of these lights or windows on the under side of the leading edge of the flying wedge. I tried to call the control tower to ask if they had seem it. They would not take any calls, the next day I went over to the control tower to ask if they had any notification of the craft and was told NO! I have not talked to anyone else who say it. The craft was about 500 to a 1000 feet of the deck it made absolutely NO sound as it spead up to the north. I watched it from horizen to horizen and it only took about 2 minutes do disapera into the northern sky.