NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 4/17/1995 23:00 (Entered as : 04/17/95 23:00)
Reported: 1/1/1999 00:55
Posted: 3/21/2003
Location: Pacificia, CA
Shape: Oval
Duration:2 hours
I and a friend went outside for an evening cigarette at approx. 11:00p.m. The evening was crystal clear. Because it was so clear we looked up into the sky and saw 6 to 7 small white objects going at extremely high speed, doing moves that no known aircraft could make. We observed them for approx. 1/2 hour. I then went back inside and upstairs. My friend then screamed out to me, "Maureen!, Maureen! come here! What is this? I ran outside and looked up and saw a huge craft, with pulsating multi-colored lights underneath it. It was beginning to slowly descend, and was circling the area. About one block. I ran inside and up the stairs to look out, then downstairs, outside in the front yard. I could not understand why no one else was outside, and the streets were deserted. I stayed out front by myself for about 15 min. Then I ran inside to call the police. The police said that they did not know what I was talking about, "There isn't anything up there". After I hung up I called to my own home which is about 10 min. away. I had my husband, and 24 yr old son go outside and look. They said also that they could not see anything. I hung up and ran back out to the back yard and my friend and I observed the objects for about another 1/2 hr. Finally it shot up and disappeared. We were totally disoriented and we were nonchalant about the happening, almost robotic, and we both checked our watches and went back to what we were previously doing. Several days later, I commented to my friend how strangely we acted, why were we so calm, why didn't we speak about it? At that time my friend glossed over my comments. She did not want to talk about it, because she could not logically explain it, and it perplexed her as she is a mathematician from Poland. Our experience did not make sense to her. Also, her husband was very ill at the time. Her husband has since passed on. In June of 1998 she watched by accident a show about UFO's and it reminded her of our incident. When I stopped by for visit several days after the show she mentioned to me about our sighting, and was very curious about what it was that we saw. She had not thought about it since it happened. Si! nce our sighting in 1995 I have had several other sightings.