REPORT A UFO
Hotline: 206-722-3000 (use only if the sighting has occurred within the last week.)
Jeff Rense Program
Peter currently makes a regular
appearance the 2nd Tuesday of each month on the Jeff Rense
radio program from 7:00 to 10:00 PM (Pacific). The program is heard
over more than 200 stations, and over the internet at www.gcnlive.com and www.renseradio.com. Guests are
witnesses to recent reports featured on this website.
PASSIVE RADAR UFO DETECTION PROPOSAL
At the MUFON symposium in Denver,
Peter Davenport presented his proposal for detecting UFO's in the near-Earth
environment, using "passive" radar. Download
National UFO Reporting Center
The contents of all material available on this Internet site are copyrighted by the National UFO Reporting Center, All Rights Reserved.
RECENT ACTIVITY AND HIGHLIGHTS
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2014
We have posted approximately 131 new, or newly amended, reports to our website, as of this date.
We always alert visitors to the possibility of errors in the reports, so please be on the lookout for flaws in the reports, and most of all, hoaxes or obvious examples of mistaken identity. An example of the type of error that occurs is that witnesses fail to indicate whether the time of their sighting is a.m., or p.m., and it usually takes us several days to identify, and eliminate, those errors.
Another good example of flawed reports NUFORC received from people in the Los Angeles area, who witnessed the dramatic launch of an Atlas V rocket from Vandenberg AFB at 19:19 hrs. (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday night, December 12th, 2014. Several such reports appear in our database for that time and date, one of which even suggests that the witnesses observed what they thought may have been electromagnetic interference of street lamps during the sighting. We suspect, but are not certain, that the lamps’ optically-actuated switches, which are sensitive to ambient light, may have been activated by the bright light radiated by the rocket’s engine.
After we began the process of updating our website, we received a telephoned report from a young woman from Staten Island, NY, of her sighting there of a cluster of red lights, which occurred at 17:45 hrs. (EST) on December 18th, 2014. It is yet another good example of the many thousands of reports our Center has received over recent years of clusters of red or orange “fireballs.” We copy her report below:
Duration: 15 minutes
Sighting City: Staten Island
Sighting State: NY
Sighting Zip: 10305
Sighting County: Richmond
Number of Craft: 10+
Description: Red dots, followed by red clear orb, followed by more red dots.
New Dorp/Staten Island/New York City: First a series of red dots, low in the air, below planes. No sound, and swift motion.
Followed was a clear red orb that quickly went by the red dots. The red orb passed and for about 10 minutes, after more and more red dots followed that craft.
The location of the event is: Lat/Lon: 40.57 deg.N 74.1 deg.W. The elevation is 36ft. Wind speed at this time was NW 16 G 26 Mph. All movement was toward the Atlantic ocean.
Lights On Object: Yes
NUFORC’S webmaster, Christian, may be traveling over the Christmas holiday, so we may not be able to update the website for a week, or more, from this posting.
Also, Peter Davenport will be out of town for much of the holiday season, but will check telephone messages remotely, as he travels. It would reduce our workload if people wishing to submit a sighting report could simply go directly to the Online Report Form on our website, and submit a written report, rather that telephoning the Hotline. Thank you!
Peter will make his traditional weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Thursday, December 18, 2014. Peter will discuss some of the more recent reports.
Posted on Thursday evening, December 18, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2014
We have updated our website, as of this date, with the posting of approximately 94 sighting reports, received since December 5th, 2014.
We make an attempt to proof-read each of the reports, but we cannot catch all the errors, and all of the hoaxed reports, so we ask visitors to our site, as they read the reports, to be on the lookout for obvious errors. If you detect what you believe is a flawed report, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will examine the report at our earliest convenience.
Some of the new reports that caught our attention are the following:
· North Pole, Alaska, Saturday, December 06, 2014, @ 0100 hrs. - Two young women, while driving during the early morning hours, witness a large triangular craft, which appeared to be hovering in the night sky. It had four solid white lights, and a blinking blue light, on its ventral surface. Full Report They provided the drawing shown at right.
· Chandler, Arizona, Wednesday, December 10, 2014, @ 2030 hrs. (Mountain) - Five adult witnesses, one of whom has considerable military experience, observe seven orange lights move along the horizon of the night sky. Full Report Photo Submitted by Witness
Peter Davenport will appear on the Jeff Rense radio program at 7:00 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday, December 12th, 2014, for his monthly two-hour long appearance on that program. Jeff and Peter will host two or three guests, who will talk about their recent sightings.
Peter will appear on the Coast to Coast AM program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) to discuss recent sightings.
Posted on Friday evening, December 12, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 05TH, 2014
We have updated our website, with the posting of approximately 200 new, and newly amended, sighting reports. As visitors to our site read the new reports, we encourage them to be on the lookout for errors and flawed reports. If a reader encounters what he or she believes may be an error, please send a message to email@example.com, and we will address the issue at our earliest convenience.
Here are a few of the reports that we believe are of particular interest:
· Point Pleasant (Treasure Island), New Jersey, August 20, 1964, @ 00:30 hrs. (EDT)—A young 14-year old boy, who later becomes a physician, pilot, and military officer, is out admiring the night sky, and witnesses a “star-like” object streak across the sky, and execute sharp turns. The memory of the strange incident has remained with him. Full Report
· Ironton, Ohio, Monday, November 17, 2014, @ 18:00 hrs. (EST)—A former, very experienced law enforcement officer, who is also a commercial pilot, takes his dogs outside for a walk. He notices two very peculiar bright red “ring-shaped” objects, with orange “dots” on the inner edge of the rings. The witness runs to get a camera, and the objects disappear while he is searching for his camera. Full Report
· Lehighton, Pennsylvania, Friday, November 27, 2014, @ 23:00 hrs. (EST)—Driving north on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, an off-duty law enforcement officer witnesses a small green light ahead of his vehicle, which appears to be pacing him. The light apparently “hops” into the southbound lane, reverses its direction of travel, and approaches the witness’s vehicle. A second similar green light joins the first. Full Report
· Grande Prairie, Albert, Canada, Sunday, November 30, 2014, @ 13:00 hrs. (MST)—A young woman, driving alone in a company vehicle in a very remote area, witnesses a peculiar “rainbow-colored” cloud in the daytime sky. After a short period of time, it turns into a strange pink light, then accelerates and darts off. Full Report
· Gulfport, Mississippi, Sunday, November 30, 2014, @ 18:30 hrs. (EST)—A man steps outside to smoke, and witnesses a brightly lit orange sphere, with a blue light in the center, pass rapidly overhead. The object covers most of the sky in an estimated 90 seconds. Full Report ((PLEASE LINK TO REPORT #115748.))
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will appear on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, for his weekly appearance and update of recent UFO reports. He will appear at approximately 10:15 p.m. (PST), and will discuss a few of the reports that appear above. Details about the program can be found at www.coasttocoastam.com
Statement posted on Friday night, December 15, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2014
We have posted approximately 150 new, and newly amended, reports, which have been submitted to our Center since Friday afternoon, November 21st, 2014.
As visitors to our website read the reports posted there, we urge them to be on the lookout for flawed or misleading reports. If you encounter what you believe is an error, e.g. a flawed time or date, or a hoaxed report, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will tend to the problem as quickly as our busy schedule allows.
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make his brief weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday night, November 27, 2014, Thanksgiving Evening. Peter will discuss some of the more interesting reports that have been received by our Center, over the last week.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!
We wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, with hopes that it will be an enjoyable holiday for all!
Posted on Wednesday night, November 26, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON NOVEMBER 21, 2014
We have updated the website, as of this date, with the posting of approximately 165 new, or newly amended, sighting reports.
As you read the new reports, please be on the look-out for flawed reports. If you find an error, please send a message to email@example.com. We will review the report, and make corrections, as we see fit.
Here are a few reports that caught our eye, and which the visitors to our website may find to be of particular interest:
· Sulphur Springs, Texas, Saturday, November 01st, 2014, @ 06:40 hrs. (CST) - A hunter, sitting on a deer stand, witnesses three very bright discs, surrounded by peculiar amber rings of light, streak overhead, bank to the southeast, and suddenly disappear. The objects brightly illuminated the surrounding area. The witness is a highly educated professional. Full Report
· Holland, Texas, Saturday, November 01st, 2014, @ 06:40-06:45 hrs. (CST) - A woman driving on Texas Highway 95 looks into the sky, and witnesses a cluster of strange lights, surrounded by what she describes as a “magnetic field,” fly overhead. The lights were quite variegated in color. Full Report
· Gilson, Illinois, Sunday, November 16, 2014, @ 15:30 hrs. (CST) - A deer hunter, sitting in a deer stand, becomes aware of a small light, which appears to be approaching him. When it gets to within five feet of him, it suddenly stops, and hovers. The hunter reaches out to touch it, and the light suddenly drops to the level of his feet, where he can’t reach it. The light descends, and disappears in the clutter of the surrounding trees. The witness is an experienced public employee. Full Report
· Jacksonville, Florida, Thursday, November 20, 2014, @ 10:00 hrs. (EST) - An adult female, driving south on Florida Highway 9A, near the Monument Road Exit, sees two USAF F-22 “Raptors” flying across the sky in formation. Suddenly, a highly reflective, metallic looking sphere drops vertically out of the sky, suddenly accelerates and overtakes both aircraft, flying between them, and then accelerates vertically, disappearing from her sight. The whole incident lasted approximately 30 seconds, the witness estimates. Full Report
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will appear on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday night, November 21st, 2014. Peter will discuss the reports shown above, as well as several others.
We will post again, in the near future, and will include several photos and interesting video clips.
Posted Friday night, November 21st, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON NOVEMBER 14, 2014
We have updated the website, as of November 14, and have posted approximately 175 new, or newly revised, sighting reports that have been submitted to our Center over the last week.
As you read the reports, please be on the lookout for flawed or hoaxed reports. If you encounter a report that you believe may contain an error, or which may be an attempt to hoax the reader, please call it to our attention by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will review the report, as quickly as possible.
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make his monthly appearance on the Jeff Rense Radio Program at from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday, November 14, 2014. The program can be accessed from Jeff’s website, www.Rense.com. Jeff and Peter will host three guests, who will discuss their sightings, experienced in June 1965, August 1974, and more recently, on November 13, 2014.
Also, Peter will make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, beginning at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday, November 14, 2014. Peter will discuss several of the more interesting cases that have been submitted over the past week.
We will update the site again in the near future, and will include a few interesting photos and videos.
Posted on Friday afternoon, November 14, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 06, 2014
Because of recent out-of-town travels by both Peter Davenport and our webmaster, Christian Stepien, we have not been able to update our website since October 10th. We apologize for the delay, but it was unavoidable.
We have posted approximately 680 new, and newly amended, reports, most of which have been received since October 10th, 2014. Due to the large accumulation of new reports, and because of our desire to get them posted as quickly as possible, we have not been able to proof-read them as carefully as we traditionally do. Consequently, there may be a greater than normal number of errors in the new reports than is typical. Therefore, we encourage visitors to our site to be on the keen lookout for flawed reports, and to report obvious or possible errors to email@example.com. We will review the report(s), and will amend or remove them, as required.
COMMENT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF REPORTS
The majority of the time we spend updating our website is devoted to proof-reading and editing reports that have been submitted via our website. A significant fraction of them are so poorly composed, and so difficult to understand, we elect not to post them at all. We are considering not posting those future reports that are so poorly written that they cannot be understood, and which clearly have not been subjected to a “Spell Check” function. Hence, if you submit a report to our Center, using our Online Report Form, and if you would like to have the report posted to our website, please make certain that all errors have been corrected, before submitting your report. We no longer have the time to correct all errors in everyone’s report!
Some of the reports that have caught our attention are the following:
· Charlotte (Matthews), North Carolina, Sunday, November 02nd, 2014, @ 1900 hours (EST) - At least two adults witness approximately 50 luminous objects in the night sky. Full Report Photograph Sightings by other witnesses were reported in this article in the Charlotte Observer newspaper.
· Marne La Valee, France, Monday, November 03rd, 2014, @ 1750 hrs. (local) - A woman, visiting the “EuroDisney” complex, takes several photos of a passing float display, and later notices a number of objects in the photo. The objects appear to be moving in the opposite direction that nearby clouds appear to be moving, so they may be moving against the prevailing wind. Full Report Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4
Peter Davenport is one of several guests who will appear together with George Noory at a UFO gathering in Toronto, Ontario, beginning at 6:00 p.m. (local) on Saturday, November 08, 2014. Details of the event can be found on the Coast-to-Coast website: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/calendar
We will update the NUFORC website again early next week, and will include other photos that we are awaiting.
Statement posted on the evening of Thursday, November 06, 2014.
NUFORC HOMPAGE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2014
We have posted 228 new reports, or recently amended reports, to our homepage, as of today’s date.
Please note that four reports for the evening of September 02nd, 2014, have been amended, indicating that they were, almost certainly, the result of re-entering debris from the Russian “Cosmos” 2495 satellite, which re-entered approximately ten hours before the sightings that were reported to NUFORC. The object(s) seen by multiple witnesses in the Midwest U. S. may have been equipment, possibly a solar panel, jettisoned from the satellite, prior to its re-entry. We provide here a link to the article by Mr. Leonard David, who wrote for www.space.com, in which the re-entry of the Russian reconnaissance satellite is described: http://www.space.com/27318-russian-military-spy-satellite-fall.html. We express our sincere gratitude to Mr. TED MOLCZAN for his role in the investigation, and for his having brought the information to our attention.
We encourage visitors to our website to be on the alert for other reports, which may address other mundane events, which are not related to sightings of genuine UFOs.
RADIO APPEARANCES ON OCTOBER 10TH, 2014
Peter Davenport will appear for his monthly appearance on the Jeff Rense radio program from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday night, October 10, 2014. Jeff and Peter will host three sets of guests, who have experienced sightings of suspected UFOs, not only recently, but in the distant past. We provide here links to those reports, the sources of which will appear tonight as guests: Report 1 Report 2 Report 3
At approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on October 10th, Peter will make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. Peter will discuss a number of recent sightings, to include a few that reportedly have involved possible electro-magnetic interference, according to the source of those reports, to include a recent report from Gainesville, Texas, on Tuesday night, October 7th, 2014. Full Report
Posted Friday, October 10th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON OCTOBER 3rd, 2014
We have just updated our website, as of this date, with the posting of 272 new, or amended, reports, received since September 25th.
Although we have read all of the new reports in at least a cursory manner, we have not edited them to any great degree, so the new reports may not read as easily as those in some of our earlier postings. Also, because many of the reports appear in “raw” form, there may be a greater than normal percentage of reports that are pranks, or which are cases of mistaken identity. Hence, we encourage visitors to our site to be on the lookout for defective cases.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 03rd, 2014
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make another of what have become almost weekly appearances on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at 10:15 p.m. (Pacific), on Friday night, October 03, 2014. Peter will discuss several recent reports, to include the following:
Sacramento, California, Thursday, October 02nd, 2014, @ 14:38 hrs. (Pacific)
Two young women, both college students, were lying outside on the grass, following a class, and they suddenly sighted a very fast-moving, triangular white object, passing overhead very rapidly. A few seconds later, they witnessed a round object, which appeared to follow the same trajectory as the first one had taken. Full Report 1 Full Report 2 They also supplied the illustration showed to the right.
Breckenridge, Colorado, Friday, October 03rd, 2014, @ 09:30 hrs. (Mountain)
A gentleman sees, and photographs, several objects, which were hovering in the morning sky. He takes a photo of the objects. Several other witnesses have reported the same phenomenon. We suspect that the objects may be high-altitude, helium-filled balloons, launched for scientific purposes, although some of the witnesses have reported that they have seen military fighter aircraft approaching the objects. Similar objects were also reported from Bluffdale, Utah, on Thursday morning, October 2nd. Full Report Photo 1 Photo 2
We will update our site again, within the next several days.
Posted Friday evening, October 03, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON SEPTEMBER 25TH, 2014
The NUFORC website is updated, as of Thursday evening, September 25, 2014. We have posted to our site 213 new, or recently amended, sighting reports.
We traditionally request that visitors to our site remain vigilant, when reading the newly posted reports, and to be on the constant look-out for defective reports. However, the warning is even more poignant this week, given that we learned recently that our Center would be “peppered” with intentionally bogus reports. If that warning is valid, we believe that we have detected, and labelled, many of those reports. Other hoaxed reports probably are present in the database, but their detection is difficult.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST AM
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to make an appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, on Thursday night, September 25th, 2014. Peter’s brief appearances on the program usually occur on either Thursday or Friday, and they typically begin at 10:15 p.m. (Pacific).
Tonight, Peter will be addressing a number of interesting cases that have been reported to NUFORC over the last week, including the following:
· Haleakala National Park, Hawaii, Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014, at 04:37 hrs. (Hawaii) - Two adults were driving up a park road, in order to view the morning sunrise for the autumnal equinox. Suddenly, a white, translucent sphere, “…a hundred times the size of the Moon,” rose in front of their vehicle, from behind a nearby ridge. The object approached their vehicle, and both witnesses were left with the impression that they had passed through it. The presence of the sphere was a third witness who had been at another location. The witnesses may have experienced missing time, as documented by their hiking computers. Full Report
· Lafayette, Louisiana, Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014, @ 23:30 hrs. (Central) - An adult male, who is an engineer and experienced pilot, was engaged in “sky watching” with an adult friend. They both suddenly witnessed two bright red “spheres,” hovering directly above them. The spheres were visible for an estimated 30-40 seconds, and they moved swiftly to the south, where they disappeared in the haze. The witness provided the photo at right. Full Report
· Collinsville, Illinois, Wednesday, September 24th, 2014, @ 19:45 hrs. (Central) - An adult female was driving on Highway 157, when her attention was suddenly drawn to an extremely bright light that was approaching her. At first, she thought that the light was a landing light of an approaching military transport aircraft. However, the object banked, at which point, the witness could see its outline, and she quickly realized that it was a rectangular object, with “LED-type” lights mounted around it periphery. From the vantage point of the witness, its apparent size was approximately that of a business-size envelope, held at arm’s length. Full Report
Reports are being submitted so frequently, of late, that we probably will post again early next week.
Statement posted Thursday evening, September 25th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
We have updated our website, as of this date, by posting 236 new, and newly amended, sighting reports. The 221 new reports are those that have been received by NUFORC since the afternoon of September 10th, 2014. We have proof-read the reports as carefully as possible, but there is always the possibility that some of them are flawed. As you read them, please be on the look-out for errors, and please call to our attention any errors you encounter by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON THURSDAY NIGHT, SEPTEMBER 18, 2014
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday night, September 18th. Peter will discuss a number of recent interesting cases, as well as some of the seemingly peculiar circumstances surrounding the tragic crash of a Massachusetts Air National Guard F-15c fighter in Deerfield, VA, on the morning of August 27th, 2014.
Some of the cases that Peter may address during the program include the following:
· Anaheim, California, on Saturday, September 13, 2014, @ 2315 hrs. (Pacific)—An adult male reports witnessing a transparent, self-luminous, “balloon-like” object, hovering within 20-30 feet of him. The object approached him, getting within one meter of his position, and when he reached out to the object, it suddenly rose up, and quickly disappeared in the nighttime sky. Full Report
· Lumberton, Mississippi, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, @ 2015 hrs. (Central)—A retired aerospace engineer reports having witnessed a peculiar looking object, with a slowly pulsing red light, fly across the night sky, apparently being chaperoned by a conventional jet aircraft. Full Report
· Newburgh, New York, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, @ 2127 hrs. (Eastern)—An adult male captures video footage of a very peculiar white sphere, much larger than stars in the night sky, apparently descending in the night sky. The object appears to pass through clouds, and possibly disrupt them with turbulence. Full Report VIDEO
· Cornelius, North Carolina, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, @ 2025 hrs. (Eastern)—An adult male witnesses two peculiar red lights hovering above the highway he was driving on near Cornelius. Full Report
· New Bern, North Carolina, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, @ 2050 hrs. (Eastern)—A mother and son report witnessing a gigantic, dark triangular craft, slowly fly overhead, blanketing out the stars in the night sky. Full Report
· Ely (near), Minnesota, on Wednesday, September 17, 2014, @ ~2030 hrs. (Central)—Three males, in their 20’s, report experiencing a very strange bright flash of blue light that illuminated the entire interior of their house. No sound was heard, and they report that the light seemed to them to not come through a window. (Reports not received at the time of updating the site. If written reports are submitted to our Center, they will be posted the next time we update the site.)
HIGH-ALTITUDE, HELIUM-FILLED BALLOON SEEN OVER NEW MEXICO ON SEPTEMBER 13TH—Several people reported a brightly illuminated object, seen from the areas of Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico, on Saturday, September 13th. The object was a helium-filled balloon, carrying a scientific payload, designed to investigate black holes in space. Details of the launch and project can be seen here: http://www.livescience.com/47829-x-calibur-telescope-balloon-black-holes.html. We express our gratitude to Dr. Donald Burleson, Ph.D., State Director of the New Mexico chapter of the Mutual UFO Network, for assisting NUFORC in determining that the object was, in fact, a balloon launch.
Update posted on Thursday evening, September 18, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2014
We have updated our website again, as of this date, with approximately 130 new reports, received since September 5th. Our normal schedule has been to update the site on Fridays, but we have had to alter that schedule this week, in order to accommodate our webmaster’s travel schedule.
In the recent past, we have taken a considerable amount of time to proof-read, and often amend, new sighting reports, in order to make them easier to read. Typically, we spend several minutes on each report to correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and paragraphing, so that a report is even just barely understandable. However, given the hurried manner in which we have had to update the website, this week, we have not had the time to devote to the proof-reading process.
Consequently, visitors to our site will see the form in which many “raw” reports are submitted, and perhaps will understand why we have been pleading with those who submit reports to please proof-read and “spell check” their statements, before submitting them to our Center. In the near future, we plan to amend our Online Report Form with yet another appeal to have people proof-read their own reports, before submitting them, in order to help us minimize the amount of time it takes us to make a report understandable. At present, the majority of our time is spent correcting and amending reports, and we would like to change that.
As you read the reports, please bear in mind that some of them may be flawed, and may address something other than the sighting of a genuine UFO. If you encounter a report that you question, or which appears to contain a flaw, please send a note to email@example.com, and we will address the issue as quickly as we can.
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to appear on the Jeff Rense radio program on Friday, September 12, 2014, at 7:00 p.m. (Pacific), to discuss several recent sightings. Jeff and Peter probably will be accompanied by several witnesses to recent sighting events. Listening information can be obtained at www.Rense.com.
Also, Peter is scheduled to make brief, weekly appearances on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on the next three Thursdays, September 11, September 18, and September 25th. During his appearances, Peter will summarize several recent sighting reports, received at NUFORC during the preceding week. Listening information can be obtained at www.CoasttoCoastAM.com.
Statement posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 05, 2014
Given the large volume of interesting our Center has received, over the last five days, we have elected to update the website and database of sighting reports again, this week. We have posted 167 new reports, received via our Online Report Form, since August 31st. We have received others over our telephone Hotline, for which follow-up written reports have not yet been submitted.
As we always caution, when posting new reports, the likelihood is high that some of the reports are flawed, and have slipped through our process of screening and proof-reading. Consequently, please be on the look-out for what may be flawed, or misleading, reports. If you find a report that looks potentially defective, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will address the issue as promptly as we can.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON FRIDAY, SEPT 5TH
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to make another of what have become brief weekly appearances on COAST TO COAST AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday night, September 5th, 2014. Peter will discuss a few of the more interesting reports, which have been submitted since his last appearance on the program on August 22nd.
PHOTOS AND VIDEO
In prior posts, we announced that we would be posting photographs and video to our homepage. We are still sorting through many photos and video clips, but we post a couple examples below, which provide examples of some of the higher-quality photos and video we have received recently:
West Jordan, Utah – A photo of a cluster of orange “fireballs,” reportedly witnessed over West Jordan, Utah, recently is shown to the right. We have not yet received a written report from the person who captured the photograph, so we know very little about the incident
Canal Winchester, Ohio, on Thursday, September 04, 2014, @ 20:30 hrs. (EDT) - A man captured a short video of a very peculiar looking object, allegedly seen hovering in the night sky, just after dusk. We just received this report and video, so it is not an authenticated case, yet. We do not know what the strange-looking object is, and we would welcome other reports from other witnesses. Full Report Video
Posted on Friday evening, September 05th, 2014.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON AUGUST 31ST, 2014
We updated the NUFORC database of sighting reports on both August 22 and August 29, and we do so again today, August 31st.
Our Center received 1,019 written reports during the month of August, the majority of which relate to sightings around the world for this month. In the course of proof-reading the new reports, we have attempted to correct all obvious errors, but it is probable that errors are still present in many of those reports. Hence, as you read the reports, we invite you to be on the lookout for errors and flawed reports. If you encounter what you believe to be a defective or misleading report, we invite you to write us at email@example.com, and we will address the issue as promptly as we can.
REPORTS OF PARTICULAR NOTE
We post below a few of the more interesting reports that have been submitted to NUFORC over the last month:
· Sykesville, Maryland, Friday, August 29, 2014, @ 23:20 hrs. (EDT) - A woman, while driving, witnesses a cluster of approximately a dozen red/orange lights. Possible electromagnetic effects to her vehicle. Lights may have changed from red to white, before suddenly disappearing. Full Report
· Salisbury, Maryland, Saturday, August 30th, 2014, @ 20:48 hrs. (EDT) - A commercial/airline pilot and his girlfriend witness a strange looking triangular craft, with lights in its corners. Full Report See photo below:
· Charleston, South Carolina, Saturday, August 30th, 2014, @ 22:09 hrs. (EDT) - Multiple witnesses see five green lights, maneuvering relative to each other, as the objects fly across the nighttime sky. Full Report
· Racine, Wisconsin, Saturday, August 30th, 2014, @ 23:23 hrs. (CDT) - Multiple witnesses observe an “amber/orange” disc fly through the nighttime sky. Full Report
· Mankato, Minnesota, Sunday, August 31st, 2014, @ 00:15 hrs. (CDT) - Two witnesses report observing three “reddish-white” lights in the night sky. Full Report
· Newton (Auburndale), Massachusetts, June 11th, 1964, @ 20:15 hrs. (EDT) - A family of four, plus neighbors, witness a strange white light, as large as the Moon, hovering in the night sky. The object illuminated the backyard of the residence quite brightly. After an estimated 30 minutes, the object suddenly accelerated rapidly up into the night sky. Full Report
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Over the last two months, we have been deluged with many photos and videos of unidentified objects, in both the daytime, and nighttime, skies. Some of those photos we have posted, and we are sorting through the rest, attempting to put some order to them. The sorting and culling process is proving to be quite laborious and time consuming, which is the principal reason we have not posted more than we have, given that some of them are quite interesting.
Once we have sifted through the photos and videos, and determined what appear to us to be the best and most compelling evidence of the apparent presence of UFO activity on our planet, we will begin to post a number of them to our homepage.
Posted on Sunday afternoon, August 31st, 2014.
NUFORC REPORTS UPDATED ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 15, 2014
We have posted approximately 220 new, and newly revised, sighting reports, as of this date.
In the event that any of the visitors to our site detect errors, or seemingly flawed reports, among the reports in our database, please apprise us of your suspicions by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will address the issue at our earliest convenience.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 15, 2014
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will appear on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, in the latest of what have become brief weekly updates, regarding some of the more dramatic and interesting reports our Center has received, over the last week. We address a few of the reports below:
· Miles City, Montana, (in-flight sighting), Saturday, August 9th, 2014, @ 20:15 hrs. (MDT)—An FAA employee reports a sighting by a commercial flight crew, reported to the FAA Enroute Flight Control Facility. The crew described a highly reflective, very fast moving, object that flew above their aircraft, which was at high-altitude, and moving very fast. The object apparently did not appear on radar. Full Report
· Barrie, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, August 9th, 2014, @ 21:45 hrs. (EDT)—A husband and wife witness a triangular craft, with a pulsing red light on its ventral surface, fly quietly over their house. Full Report
· Iroquois Falls, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, August 9th, 2014, @ 21:45 hrs. (EDT)—Three witnesses report observing three red lights drift over a nearby lake, all traveling along the same path across the night sky. Full Report
· Cornwall, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, August 9th, 2014, @ 21:48 hrs. (EDT)—A husband and wife witness two red-orange “fireballs” pass silently over their house, disappearing within approximately 30 seconds. The objects seemed to follow the same flight path across the night sky, and did not appear to change their altitude. Full Report
· New York City (Manhattan), Sunday, August 10th, 2014, @ 22:00 hrs. (EDT)—Four adults witness a dark gray disc in the night sky. Object suddenly moves away, perhaps at high speed. Full Report
· Kaunas, Lithuania, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, @ 22:35 hrs. (local)—An adult male reports having witnessed 6-7 “gray lights,” which passed overhead at high velocity, and which were visible for an estimated 6-10 seconds. Full Report
Today’s date, August 15th, 2014, is the 15th anniversary of a very dramatic, though little known, event that occurred approximately 60-80 miles to the west of Albuquerque, New Mexico, at 23:18 hrs. (Mountain) on a Sunday night, August 15th, 1999 . Based on the information collected by our Center, we believe that the immense flash of light, which was witnessed from southern Arizona to Wyoming, occurred at in an area in which three fast-moving objects appeared to converge. For several reasons, we believe that the flash was not the result of a meteor, as was reported by Sandia National Laboratories.
We believe that the incident, about which we have lectured extensively, remains unexplained. We invite visitors to our website to review the collection of sighting reports posted there for the time and date of the event.
Statement posted on Friday evening, August 15, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 08TH, 2014
We have posted, as of this date, approximately 220 new, and newly amended, sighting reports, received by NUFORC since August 1st.
The reports have been proof-read to the greatest extent that time has allowed, but there is always the possibility that errors and hoaxed reports have escaped our attention. Consequently, as visitors to our website read through the reports, we request that they be on the look-out for flawed reports, and that they call such reports to our attention by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We will address the reports as quickly as we are able.
RADIO APPEARANCES ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 08TH, 2014
Peter Davenport, Center Director, had been scheduled to appear on the Jeff Rense Radio Program, for his normally scheduled monthly appearance, but that appearance has had to be re-scheduled. Peter probably will appear with Jeff on another date, later in August.
Peter will appear on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday, August 08th. Peter will discuss some of the more interesting cases, which have been submitted to NUFORC recently.
Posted Friday night, August 08th, 2014.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 1ST, 2014
We have updated the homepage, as of Friday, August 1st, 2014, and have posted approximately 156 new sighting reports, received at our Center since July 26th.
All of the reports have been proof-read, but there is always a chance that we have overlooked flawed reports. Consequently, as you read through the reports, if you find one that appears to be flawed, or appears to address a phenomenon that can be easily explained by a terrestrial event, please send us an e-mail about the case, and we will review it at our earliest convenience. Thank you!
RADIO APPEARANCE ON FRIDAY NIGHT, AUGUST 01ST, 2014
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday night, August 01st, in order to provide an update on recent sightings and events.
One of the reports Peter will discuss is a recent sighting of peculiar object, witnessed near Camden, Delaware, at approximately 10:30 p.m. (Eastern) on Thursday, July 31st, by a U. S. Army retiree. He reports witnessing an object that radiated an intensely “emerald green/blue” light, as it flitted about the night sky. We spoke via telephone with the witness, and he seemed to us to be unusually objective and eloquent in his description of the sighting event. Full Report
POSTING OF PHOTOS—We continue to sort through the many photos that were submitted to our Center during the month of July, and will soon post some of the better photos and video that we have received recently.
Posted Friday evening, August 1st, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE DELAYED BY INTERNET DIFFICULTIES
It was our hope to be able to update the database of sighting reports in time for Peter’s appearance on the JEFF RENSE RADIO PROGRAM, but we are experiencing difficulties with our internet service.
Hence, we will not be able to update the database with all the recently submitted reports, but will post here to the homepage the reports from the two witnesses, husband and wife, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, who will accompany Jeff and Peter on the program to describe their dramatic sighting on Tuesday night, July 22, 2014. We copy the text of their reports below:
Time: 21:20 (Central Daylight time)
Duration: 20-30 seconds
Sighting City: Baton Rouge
Sighting State: Louisiana
Sighting Zip: 70806
Sighting County: East Baton Rouge Parish
Number of Craft: 2
Summary Description: Two large disk followed by Apache helicopter with no markings
On the night of July 22, 2014, I was returning home from my night class from my local university which is only about 3 miles from my house. I was backing my pickup truck up the drive way and while backing up, I could hear a helicopter get louder as if it was approaching my house.
I parked the truck and glanced at the clock on the dash noticed it was 9:20 pm. I stepped out of the pickup and turned to see why the helicopter was so close or low flying. It was coming from the northwest proceeding to the southeast.
To my astonishment, two large pewter gray colored craft where flying in front of the helicopter in a tight formation, one staggered to the left rear of the front pewter craft.
These objects were approximately 60 to 70 feet across in diameter, about 10 to 12 foot thick in the centers, the outer edges of the craft were similar to the edge of a coin like a nickel, smooth with no markings. I would estimate the sides would be about 2 to 3 foot on the vertical measurement. The craft made no noise whatsoever, had no markings, no windows of any type, no lights.
The two craft were in very tight formation. The helicopter was all black, had no markings on the fuselage but was an Apache Helicopter. This I know for sure, being that I am a USAF veteran and have worked on a flight line with military aircraft in my past.
The helicopter was about 200 yards behind the two craft, following the two objects but not trying to gain speed or overtake the objects, almost as it was tagging the objects. The two objects remained very close to one another, about 20 to 30 yards apart, one behind the other.
The formation including the helicopter flew about 200 feet off the ground, very close to the tree line, the two disk flew in a straight line and maintained the tight formation.
The entire clear viewing window that I had was about 20 seconds, before the formation flew behind the tree line that is behind my house. I had a clear view of the objects from the start to finish. The light in the sky was good being that it was in the city and over a strongly lit neighborhood. I was about 130 yards away from the flight path of the formation.
Right before the helicopter went behind the tree line my wife was coming out of the house and commented to me, “What in the world is all the noise from?" Before I could answer her, the helicopter along with the craft went behind the tree line behind the house and proceeded in a direction that took the formation away from us.
The best description I can give of the craft was that if you were to hold a 3 inch sugar cookie at arm’s length at about 30 degrees up and tilt it slightly that would give a good reference to the size and how I was able to see the bottom and shape, I was able to observe the craft for the full period of viewing, the disk shaped craft made no noise, very smooth, no lights, no markings, no appendages, just very smooth, pewter gray in color.
I came in and made a detailed drawing of the craft and event to make sure I remembered every detail.
Being ex-military and having worked with aircraft, I know what I saw was a real event.
Here is a written report by me of the event on the 22nd.
that occurred with my husband and the objects and the helicopter.
Secondary witness to the event in Baton Rouge Louisiana; July 22, 2014.
My husband who attends night classes at a local college called to let me know he was on his way home when he left his school. He does this so I can put the dogs up in the house and open the gate in the driveway so he can back in with his pickup truck. It only takes about 5 to 10 minutes for the drive home from the school.
After I had gone outside and opened the gate, I went back inside the house to wait for my husband to drive in. It was just a few minutes, maybe 5 minutes or so, when I started to hear a noise outside. The noise continued to increase to the point that it was loud and had me concerned.
I knew it was the sound of a helicopter and I thought it must be flying very low over the house so I went out to see why the noise had gotten so loud. By this point it sounded like it was right over the back of the yard at our house and I was very concerned of what was going on.
I went out the back door and started walking out under our carport to investigate the noise. I saw my husband had already backed up the driveway in his truck and was standing by the driver side rear wheels staring over the back of the property pointing and saying something out loud to me. I could not hear what he was saying because of the noise of the helicopter.
I walked rather quickly out from under the carport to see what he was pointing at and I saw a black helicopter go behind the tree line very close to the top of the trees behind our house.
My husband seemed to be in shock at what he saw and kept asking me if I saw the other objects. I did not, being that I was walking from the backdoor through the carport which is covered and it took a bit to walk from the back door out into our driveway where I could get a good view. I did manage to see the helicopter.
My husband came inside with me visibly upset by something he had seen and began explaining it to me and drawing down his sighting. I know my husband well enough to know that if he saw something like this he would not say so without it being a real event.
This is what I witnessed that night.
If you any questions my cell number is
Baton Rouge, La.
WEBSITE AND DATABASE UPDATED ON SUNDAY, JULY 20th, 2014
On this 45th anniversary of man’s first landing on the Moon, we update our website by posting the approximately 278 reports received by our Center, since July 11th.
In our last posting of two days ago, July 18th, we alluded to the dramatic event that had occurred over the southern tier of the U. S. on the evening of July 12th at approximately 9:10 p.m. (Central). In our posting of tonight, July 20th, we include the approximately 65 reports NUFORC received of that incident, including one from an airline co-pilot, who was treated to a very clear view of the event out of his cockpit window.
At the time of his sighting, his aircraft was located approximately 60 miles north of Ft. Smith, Arkansas, and was flying on a heading of 210 degrees, and at an altitude of approximately 32,000 feet. The co-pilot estimated that the object was approximately 20 degrees above the horizon, in front of his aircraft.
During our telephone conversation with the aviator, he emphasized how dramatic and bizarre the event was, and how rapidly the object was traveling across the sky. He stated that he did not believe that the intensely bright object, which suddenly split into two separate objects in front of his aircraft, was a meteor, many of which he has observed from the cockpit, during his 30-year career in aviation. He states in his report that other pilots in the area witnessed the same event, and discussed it with the Air Route Traffic Control Center. We would like to encourage those pilots to submit additional reports, describing what they witnessed. Full Report
Here is another report of what appears to NUFORC to be the same event as the one witnessed by the co-pilot, and by many others in Texas, Louisiana, and other states. The report arrived, just as we were in the process of updating our website, so we post it to our website, even though it does not appear in our database of sighting reports:
Time: 20:20 (Note: Time subject to correction from data on telephone bill.)
Duration: 3 seconds
Sighting City: Lafayette
Sighting State: Louisiana
Number of Craft: 1
Summary Description: Brightest, fastest, thing I have ever seen in the sky; around Lafayette, Louisiana, area.
Description: The sky was grey, just after sunset. I was heading back to Lake Charles from Baton Rouge, after taking a state test. Was on the phone with a friend and I saw it. It was so bright and so fast, it was unreal.
There was a thin cloud horizontally it was maybe ‘6 inches’ thick, in my view, but probably quite large in reality. I saw it for about one second, going so fast into the cloud, and it split a second later, and was on the other side of the cloud within 2 to 3 seconds. Shortly thereafter, it was out of the atmosphere.
I could tell that it was not following the curvature of the earth. Instead, it faded into the atmosphere. I really cannot stress how fast and how bright this thing was.
Our Center is very interested in the event of July 12th, and we would like to encourage any witnesses to it to submit a detailed report, describing their sighting. If any of the visitors to our website elect to submit reports of the event, we would be most grateful if they would please include in the report the witness’s location; the direction he/she was looking, while facing the object; the angle of elevation to the object; how many degrees the object traveled across the sky; and in how many seconds it took for the object to cover that angle (or arc). That will assist us in any attempt we may initiate, to calculate the velocity of the object. Thank you!
Here is another sighting report, which just arrived from Kennebunkport, Maine, which we thought might be of interest to our visitors, given that it probably was visible from the Bush residence in Kennebunkport, Maine:
Duration: 2 minutes
Sighting City: Biddeford
Sighting State: Maine
Sighting Zip: 04005
Description: Unsure if this was a UFO sighting. There was a large red ball, high in the sky. No tail. It dropped straight down over about 2 minutes, in the direction of the Bush compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, and made a loud noise.
We will update our website again, within the next several days, and will post some of the best video and still photos we have received lately
Statement posting on the evening of Sunday, July 20th, 2014.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON JULY 18, 2014
We have updated the website, as of the evening of Friday, July 18, 2014. We are very pressed for time, so we may be able to do little more than update the homepage, and leave the remainder of the posting for the weekend. We will update the database of sighting reports either later tonight, or over the weekend. We have devoted a great deal of time to proof-reading, during the past week, trying to make sense out of many poorly written reports. We have attempted to remove flaws and hoaxed report, but there is always the possibility that we have overlooked a few flawed reports. If you encounter a report that appears dubious, please call it to our attention, and we will address the issue immediately. You can send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVENT OVER THE SOUTHERN U. S. ON SATURDAY NIGHT, JULY 12TH, 2014
On Saturday night, July 12th, the night of the “super” full Moon, our Center’s telephone Hotline was deluged with reports of an event that appears to have occurred over the states of South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and perhaps California. The people who telephoned reported that they had witnessed at least one bright white light, which moved across the sky at very high speed. One witness reported that the brilliantly bright object had crossed the sky, from horizon to horizon, in under 4-5 seconds, he estimated.
A co-pilot, whose aircraft was approximately 60 miles north of Ft. Smith, Arkansas, and at an altitude of 32,000 feet, reported that the object passed from east to west in front of his aircraft at an angle of elevation of approximately 20 degrees. The witness reported that the object suddenly split into two separate objects. He emphasized, however, that the object was not a meteor, many of which he has witnessed during his three decades as a professional aviator.
We will post again, and update the database of recent sighting reports, within the next day or two.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATE ON FRIDAY, JULY 11TH, 2014
We have updated our website, as of this date, and have posted approximately 300 new sighting reports, submitted since July 5th. We have posted almost 600 reports for the month of July, which reflects a rather significant increase in the number of reports that traditionally are reported during a typical calendar month.
Approximately 360 of the 600 reports are for the period from July 3rd to July 5, which might lead those who visit our website to conclude that those reports might be related to fireworks displays on the evening of July 4th. However, careful reading will quickly show that the individuals who submitted their reports had ruled out that possibility, before submitting their reports.
There is always the possibility that we may have overlooked errors in reports, so we invariably suggest that visitors to our site be on the lookout for 1) errors in reports, 2) hoaxed reports, 3) reports containing personal data, 4) profanity, and 5) other oversights on our part. If you encounter a report that clearly does not address a possible sighting of an authentic UFO, please send a note to email@example.com, and we will re-inspect the report.
PETER DAVENPORT WILL HAVE TWO RADIO APPEARANCES ON FRIDAY, JULY 11TH
Peter will make his monthly appearance on the JEFF RENSE RADIO PROGRAM, hosted by Jeff Rense, appearing from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Pacific Time Zone). During the first hour of the program, Jeff and Peter will be accompanied by several sets of guests, who experienced the following sightings:
· Niles, Illinois, Thursday, July 3rd, 2014, @ 23:15 hrs. (Central) - A senior Illinois Highway Patrol Officer witnessed two very prominent red spheres maneuvering in the night sky. They maneuver in the night sky, and apparently went streaking off. The Officer’s electronic equipment may have been affected by the presence of the objects. Full Report
· Harrington, Washington, Saturday, July 5th, 2014, @ 22:05 hrs. (Pacific) - Four adult witnesses, including Peter Davenport, Director, witnessed a very bright white light, seen streaking through broken clouds. The object may have been up to from three to eleven miles’ distance from the witnesses, and it may have covered a distance of approximately three to five miles, or more, in 8-10 seconds. Full Report
Other witnesses may be included in the program, as well, depending on their availability.
APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY
Peter Davenport will make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m., on Friday, July 11th, 2014. Peter will discuss the large volume of sighting reports received by NUFORC, over the last week, and will address a few of the more interesting reports he has received during that time.
NUFORC has been inundated with both sighting reports, and photographs and video clips, over the last week. Following this update of our website, we will begin to process the videos, and post the ones that we believe are the most interesting. Most of the photographic evidence that has been sent to our Center pertains to clusters of red and orange “fireballs,” a phenomenon that we have striven to bring to the attention of the world’s community, over recent years. In the meantime, we post below a few of the better photos, together with their associated reports:
Seattle, Washington, Friday, July 4th, 2014, @ 22:00 hrs. (Pacific) - A woman, who is a professional musician, her son, and her aunt all witness the same peculiar red/orange lights in the night sky, from three different locations, before the Lake Union fireworks display, and capture the photo below. Full Report
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, on Saturday, July 5th, 2014, @ 22:15 hrs. (Eastern) - A woman reports having witnessed two red lights streaking across the night sky. She captured the photo below with her cell phone. Full Report
Late-Breaking Case: Just as we were finishing updating the website, a sighting report arrived from Rothesay, New Brunswick, Canada, which appears to be so nicely prepared, we thought we would make a special effort to post it with this update, even though it does not yet appear in the posted database of sighting reports. It will appear in our database of cases when we next update it.
Duration: 2 minutes (approx..)
Sighting City: Rothesay
Sighting State: NB
Sighting Zip: E2E 1W6
Sighting Country: Canada
Sighting County: New Brunswick
Number of Craft: 2
Two bright orange fiery balls flying overhead as family star gazes on deck; one disappears and becomes see through.
Description: The first object was of a giant fireball-like object moving across the sky at a speed similar to the speed of the space station. It was not a meteorite because it was way too large, didn't have a tail and didn't burn out. It was not a plane because it didn't not have blinking lights and there was a plane flying overhead shortly afterwards. It made a sound like a low thrum. It made the dogs nervous and they started growling.
The second one came, heading in a different direction, less than a minute after the first one disappeared over the horizon. It flew overhead and then disappeared, but we could still see the shape blocking out the light of the stars overhead as it moved across the sky. It was not quite shimmery, but kind of like it looked reflective or see through. It made the same sound until it went see “through.” Then it was silent.
Very strange! We tried to film it. It should have shown on the video as it was so large, but we have no video footage, even though our voices were heard. The sound did get picked up, however. We would like to know if any satellite or space debris has been reported breaking up in the atmosphere. We've never seen anything like it and we love to star gaze on clear nights.
We will update the site again, within the next several days, and will attempt to post some of the better video clips we have received of interesting sightings.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED AGAIN ON JULY 05TH, 2014
Given the dramatically large number of reports that our Center has received over the last 24 hours, we have decided to update our website again on the day after our last update. Also, the similarity of many of the reports, i.e. descriptions of clusters of red or orange “fireballs,” has motivated us to post the information as quickly as possible. Many people might naturally assume that the reports of “fireballs” are related to fireworks displays on the evening of July 4th, but we do not believe that is a credible explanation for many of the reports. We feature below a few of the cases that cause us to question whether the “fireball” phenomenon is related to 4th of July fireworks:
· Portage, Indiana, Friday, July 4th, 2014, @ 21:00 hrs. (Eastern) - Multiple adult witnesses observe several red orbs which appear to converge toward the same area of the night sky. Full Report
· Monroe, Michigan, Friday, July 4th, 2014, @ 22:30 hrs. (Eastern) - A professional photographer observes four odd yellow lights in the nighttime sky. Full Report
· Pacific Grove, California, Friday, July 4th, 2014, @ 21:21 hrs. (Pacific) - Two witnesses observe two red/orange spheres move across the ocean, then rise up and disappear into the clouds. Full Report
· Seattle, Washington, Friday, July 4th, 2014, @ 22:00 hrs. (Pacific)—Two adult witnesses observe three orange lights drift silently across the night sky. Full Report
PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO FOOTAGE: We have received many still photos and videos of the many sightings that were reported to our Center, last night, and we will post them when we next update. Our principal objective with this posting is to post the approximately 140 reports that were submitted on July 4th, most of which were of sightings for the evening of that date.
PUBLISHED ARTICLE IN THE ECONOMIST, USING OUR DATABASE OF SIGHTING REPORTS
On Friday, June 20th, NUFORC was contacted by a writer/journalist at The Economist, based in London, requesting permission to use some of the data from our website. After the exchange of several e-mails with the writer, we finally consented to allow them to use some of the reports. Here is the result of that permission. Because of the obviously frivolous nature of the article, we now regret having had any contact with them, but we cannot undo that mistake. If you are as annoyed by the foolish nature of the article as we are, we would encourage you to send a note with your thoughts to The Economist or add a comment to the comment section at the end of the article.
Posted on Saturday evening, July 5th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON JULY 4TH, 2014
To our fellow Americans, we wish you all a Happy 4th of July!
We use this American Holiday as a good occasion to update our website, bringing the latest UFO sighting data to those who might be interested in the subject. As always, we encourage everyone who reads the reports to be on the lookout for flawed or hoaxed reports, or reports for which there is an obvious explanation.
We note that we have received an unusually large number of reports, over recent days, from individuals who have elected to remain totally anonymous, and who have provided no contact information. Moreover, in some of those cases, similar looking reports have been submitted in rapid sequence. This makes us wonder whether some of those reports might be intended to mislead us into believing them to be serious reports. We always attempt to label those reports for which the source has elected to remain anonymous, or who provides no contact information, so visitors to our website will be able to decide for themselves whether any given report is authentic, or perhaps not.
If you encounter a report whose authenticity you question, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will address the issue as quickly as possible.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST FRIDAY NIGHT, JULY 04TH
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make a brief, 3-minute appearance on Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, July 4th, to talk about some of the latest cases received by NUFORC, over the last two weeks. Some of the reports that Peter may discuss include the following:
· Avalon, California, on Interstate 5, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, @ 23:30 hrs. (Pacific)—Three adults were driving north on Interstate 5, when one of the passengers called to the attention of the other two that there was a strange object hovering directly above the vehicle. The driver estimated that the object was not more than approximately 30 feet above the car, and it appeared to have at least four flashing blue lights on it. The object suddenly “jumped” a distance, estimated by the passengers to have been approximately one mile, a distance it covered in an estimated 5-10 seconds. The object may have then landed. The witnesses may have experienced physiological responses, as a result of the incident. Full Report
· Red Hook, New York, Saturday, June 28, 2014, @ 21:45 hrs. (Eastern)—A father and daughter witness four V-shaped objects pass overhead, in an irregular formation, and fly to the north-northwest. The father is a former military officer, who states that he is familiar with all types of military aircraft. Full Report
· Byron, Texas, Thursday, July 3rd, 2014, @ 04:45 hrs. (Central) - A young woman witnessed a strange light streaking around her backyard. Her report, which just arrived before this posting, is copied below:
Duration: 3 minutes
Sighting City: Bryan
Sighting State: TX
Sighting Zip: 77802
Sighting County: Brazos
Number of Craft: 1
Description: Fast moving low level bright light in my backyard.
Description: On Thursday, July 3, 2014, at about 4:45 am, I let my dog out in the backyard, and about 3 minutes later, he started barking, as if there was an intruder outside. I waited for an estimated 2.5 minutes after the barking started before I opened the door, only to see a very bright white light that was possibly 2-4 feet in dimensions, but I could not ascertain whether it was circular, rectangular, or some other geometric shape because of its movement speed. This object could have been elongated (longer than wide giving off a trailing light impression).
Because of its brightness, it was lighting about ¼ of our large back yard. Upon my seeing the UFO, it continued to move very fast in random directions around the backyard at an estimated height of 5 to 6 feet. While I viewed the UFO, it appeared to stay about the same height above the ground as it darted about while staying in the backyard area. It took me about 15 seconds to realize what I was seeing after I opened the door to see my dog barking and jumping at the fast moving UFO which was a single light source.
I then called my dog’s name and he ran through the open door back into the house and I closed the door. I then turned off one of the patio lights (leaving another on) by quickly walking to the patio light switch (possibly 20 ft. away) and then immediately looked through our backyard glass French door and the UFO was no longer visible. So, although I viewed the moving UFO for about possibly 30 seconds, I believe the UFO was in the backyard for about 3 minutes, because of the estimated duration of my dog barking.
Posted Friday night, July 4th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON JUNE 28, 2014
We updated our website on June 24th, but we have decided to do so again, three days later, given the interesting cluster of sighting reports that have been submitted to our Center, over the last 72 hours. In particular, we would like to call to the attention of the visitors to our site the inordinately large number of reports that have been submitted to NUFORC from South Carolina. We have no idea why so many “fireballs” are being observed in that part of the U. S., but the phenomenon has us intrigued.
PETER DAVENPORT WILL BE AWAY FROM THE CENTER FOR SEVERAL FEW DAYS
Peter Davenport will be out of town, and away from the Center, for the next several days. He will check the Hotline once or twice a day for messages, and will attempt to return messages, as quickly as possible. It would be helpful if people could refrain from using the Hotline for anything but sightings of suspected UFOs, and we would like to invite people who have had sightings to submit a written report, using the Online Report Form, found on this website.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON JUNE 24, 2014
Because of the unusually large number of interesting reports that have been submitted to the National UFO Reporting Center since June 20th, we have decided to update the website again, just four days after our last posting.
Given that we are updating the site under considerable time pressure, we may have missed a few flawed reports during the proof-reading process. Consequently, we encourage visitors to our site to remain attentive for possibly flawed, or hoaxed, reports. We always attempt to remove, or label, them, but there invariably are some that escape our attention.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON TUESDAY, JUNE 24TH, 2014
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make a hour-long appearance on the Jeff Rense radio program on Tuesday, January 24th, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Pacific Daylight Time). Jeff and Peter will be accompanied by two witnesses, the first, a former U. S. Navy fighter pilot, who witnessed four rapidly maneuvering “fireballs” above his location in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, on the night of June 20th, 2014, Full Report, and the other, a young woman who witnessed a bright orange “sphere” fly at her car at high speed between O’Fallon and St. Peters, Missouri, approximately ten minutes after the sighting in South Carolina. Full Report
Reports are being submitted to our Center so rapidly that we probably will post newly received reports later this week.
Posted on Tuesday afternoon, June 24th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON FRIDAY, JUNE 20, 2014
We have updated our website, as of this date, and have posted approximately 210 reports which have been submitted to our Center, since June 13th. We proofread all of the reports, before posting them, but there is always a chance that we have overlooked flawed reports. As you read the reports, please be on the lookout for defective reports, of for reports which appear to have an explanation of terrestrial origin.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON FRIDAY NIGHT, JUNE 20, 2014
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will appear briefly on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday night, to discuss recent sighting reports. A few of the reports that he will touch on appear below:
Denver, Colorado, Thursday, June 19, 2014 @ 21:20 hrs. (MDT) - A husband and wife witnessed a stationary orange ball of light, the apparent size of which was equal to a pencil erasure, held at arm’s length. They estimate they witnessed it for approximately 5 minutes, at which point, the object appeared to suddenly accelerate and shoot off into the night sky. Here is the witnesses’ report, which arrived just as we were updating our website:
Duration: 5 minutes
Sighting City: Denver
Sighting State: co
Sighting Zip: 80123
Sighting County: Denver
Number of Craft: 1
Description: Round, fiery-red, stationary object in the sky.
Description: In the southern sky saw a round red object stationary at about two o’clock in the sky. It did not seem to move but flickered as if on fire. I did not have any field glasses so this was with normal vision. The object appeared to be about the size of a pencil erasure held at arm’s length. The object grew smaller as it appeared to travel away from me at great speed.
Los Angeles, California, Wednesday, June 18, 2014 @ 22:30 hrs. (PDT) - At 22:52 hrs., NUFORC received its first of what proved to be a dozen, or more, reports from people located to the southeast of the Los Angeles basin. The witnesses reported observing at least two very bright red lights, which appeared to be stationary. The luminosity seemed to the witnesses to fluctuate quite dramatically.
We received reports about the event from Mission Viejo, Temecula, Chino, Lake Forest, Dana Point, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Moreno Valley, and Laguna Niguel. Some people reported that the lights seemed to hover stationary for an hour, or more.
The incident was reported by local television news stations, but no adequate explanation for the lights was provided by any of the television reports, although one witness who was interviewed reported seeing “smoke.”
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, June 2014 (multiple reports)—Our Center has received approximately two dozen reports this month from South Carolina, most of which address sightings of red, orange, and yellow “fireballs.” We have received reports of these objects from the vicinities of vicinities of Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Conway, Cherry Grove, Surfside Beach, Isle of Palms, Georgetown, Easley, Pawleys Island, and Murrells Inlet.
We copy below an example of the type of report we have been receiving, lately. This report arrived at our Center on the evening of Friday, June 20th, just as we were updating our website:
Duration: 2 minutes
Sighting City: Murrells Inlet
Sighting State: SC
Sighting Zip: 29576
Sighting County: USA
Number of Craft: 5
Description: At approximately 9:35 p.m. this evening, I observed 4 glowing objects coming from S moving N/NE traveling between 70-200-mph at about 600-800 feet in altitude and climbing over Murrells Inlet South Carolina. (Highway 707 at around Tournament Blvd.) The objects were flying in pairs of two. The appeared to be parasails with lights around them but they were moving too fast and climbing too fast to be a parachute. They were arc shaped and looked to be 40-50 feet across.
When first observed they were slow, then within a matter of 15 seconds sped up and flew into a cloud later at a high rate of speed. There was no sound associated with these objects. Zero sound. I thought they were flares initially but I’ve never seen flares slow down, speed up and accelerate as these did. The lights associated with these craft was a yellowish haze with stronger lights in the center trailing edge. No blinking lights observed.
This is one of the strangest sightings I have ever seen.
I am a pilot and flew military aircraft in the 70’s. I also fly radio control aircraft and sailplanes. This occurrence does not match up with anything I’ve ever seen.
One other identical craft over-flew about 30 seconds after the first 4 craft flew over. Total of 5 craft.
We will update our website again next week.
Posted Friday night, June 20th, 2014.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON JUNE 13TH, 2014
We have posted approximately 190 reports to our database, which have been received, or amended, over the last week. As you read the posted reports, please be on the lookout for flawed or hoaxed reports, or reports for which there appears to be a terrestrial explanation.
RADIO APPEARANCES ON JUNE 13TH
Peter Davenport, Center Director will appear on the Jeff Rense Radio Program at 7:00 p.m. (Pacific) for a 2-hour appearance with guest witnesses. The witnesses will discuss the following sightings:
· North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on Tuesday, June 10th, 2014, @ 22:00 hrs. (EDT) — Multiple reports have been submitted for sightings in North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Cherry Grove, Conway, Surfside Beach, Georgetown, Pawleys Island, Columbia and Darlington, South Carolina, over recent days. Two of the witnesses who submitted reports will discuss their sightings in North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach. Full Report 1 Full Report 2
· Mesa, Arizona, on Thursday, June 12th, 2014, @ 21:42 hrs. (PDT) — Multiple groups of witnesses observed one, or more, luster(s) of white and green lights over the general Mesa vicinity. Full Report 1 Full Report 2
· Orcas Island, Washington State, on Wednesday, January 22, 2011, @ 01:00 hrs. (PST) — A very capable witness was outside, chipping ice on a steep driveway, when he was suddenly illuminated from above by an extremely bright flash of white light. The incident left him profoundly unsettled. Full Report
Peter will make another of what have become brief weekly appearances on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m., Friday, June 13th. Peter will discuss the dramatic cases shown above, as well as several others that have occurred recently around the world.
Here are several other interesting reports which caught our eye:
Summerville, South Carolina, on Saturday, December 07th, 2013, @ 19:16 hrs. (EST) — A man was walking his dog and reports having witnessed a bright red, glowing object in the sky. He captured a photo of the object, shown below. Full Report
Thomasville, North Carolina, on Thursday, June 12th, 2014, at 17:00 hrs. (EDT) —Two adult witnesses observe a rectangular flying object overhead for 2-5 minutes. The object ascended into clouds. ((NOTE: We wonder whether the object might have been a so-called quad-copter, but the witnesses do not indicate witnessing propellers of any kind. Also, LED lights are not available that give off a yellow color, and a quad-copter probably would not be flown into cloud. It could be quite dangerous to do so.)) This is a late-arriving report, so we copy it below. It does not yet appear in our database
Duration: 2-5 minutes
Sighting City: Thomasville
Sighting State: NC
Sighting Zip: 27360
Sighting Country: USA
Sighting County: Davidson
Number of Craft: 1
Summary Description: I heard a noise and looked for a plane, then I saw this.
Description: I heard a buzzing noise, so looked around for aircraft and saw a plane. It square object, the color of the sky, almost invisible, but it had four red lights in each corner. At first, two of the lights on the same side were blinking, then only one blinked. Then there were just two red lights on one side, and four yellow lights, two in each corner. The object went faster than a plane and went in an octagonal path, then after circling a few times flew away into a cloud.
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, on Friday, June 13, 2014, @ 06:45 hrs. (PDT) — A person who describes self as a pilot, alleges to have witnessed a metallic-looking, red sphere approach his Cessna 150 from his quartering left side, slow, then accelerate and pass rapidly behind his aircraft.
Posted Friday evening, June 13, 2014.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, JUNE 6TH, 2014
We have posted approximately 50 new reports to our database, which have been submitted to our Center since our last posting, two days ago. As we always caution visitors to our website, please be on the lookout for flawed, or hoaxed, reports. If you detect a suspicious report, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, and I will review the report.
COAST TO COAST AM APPEARANCE
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make another of what have become weekly appearances on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, June 6th, 2014. Peter’s updates usually begin at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Some of the reports he will be discussing include the following:
· Aurora, Colorado, Thursday, June 05th, 2014, @ 22:30 hrs. (Mountain) — A group of at least six adults witnessed a cluster of five lights, possibly red in color, moving from the eastern to western sky. The witness stated during a telephone call that the objects appeared to be streaming “trails of sparks, as they moved across the sky. A second telephoned report was received from a second group of witnesses, who reported the same phenomenon. Their follow-up written report is pending. Full Report
· Powell River, British Columbia, Thursday, June 05th, 2014, @ 19:30 hrs. (Pacific) — Two adult males climbed to the top of a local mountain, to enjoy the sunset. Upon reaching the top of the mountain, they immediately became aware of a bright orange object in the western sky, which appeared to be pulsing. The object suddenly just disappeared from their sight. Written report is pending.
· Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Thursday, June 05th, 2014, @ 17:00 hrs. (Eastern) — A 40-year old businessman, driving in moderately heavy traffic, sees a silver color “chevron” pass rapidly overhead. He witnessed the object for approximately 30 seconds. Full Report
· Reno, Nevada, Thursday, June 05th, 2014, @ 14:20 hrs. (Pacific) — An adult male, scanning the daytime sky with high-quality pair of astronomical binoculars, sees a group of 5-8 (est.) silver and orange color objects pass overhead at high velocity. They were in a “broken arrow” formation, and traveling in the opposite direction of a high-altitude jet aircraft that the witness had been viewing in the daytime sky. Full Report
· Kennewick, Washington, Thursday, June 05TH, 2014, @ 10:00 hrs. (Pacific) — A husband and wife, while driving, witness a peculiar white and silver, “triangular-shaped,” object drifting or floating in the morning sky. It appeared to them that a dark-colored helicopter might have been pursuing the object. The object appears to slow, for a moment, and then suddenly accelerates and disappears from the observers’ sight. Full Report
We will update the website again next week. At that time, in our continuing effort to improve the quality of the reports submitted to our Center, we expect to introduce new guidelines regarding how to prepare a written report.
Posted on Friday afternoon, June 06th, 2014.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4TH
The NUFORC database of sighting reports has been updated, as of this date. We have posted 617 new reports, received since May 8th, 2014, in addition to over 200 amended reports, that have been re-posted to the site.
Although we have screened the new reports to the greatest degree that limited time allows, there is a strong possibility that some flawed reports may have slipped through the screening process. Consequently, as you read the reports, please be on the look-out for reports that appear to be flawed, or which appear to be attempts at hoaxing. If you encounter what you believe may be a misleading report, please call it to our attention by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will address the issue as quickly as possible.
Stationary Object over California and Nevada
During the period of May 24-26, our Center received a number reports from northern California and Nevada of an object, apparently at very high altitude, which seemed to the witnesses to remain stationary over a long period of time. Our first reaction was that the object might be a large helium-filled balloon, being used for some research application, given that our Center has received many such reports over recent decades. However, our experience has been that those balloons rarely are reported to remain motionless, as measured over the course of hours.
This incident was even more unusual, given that the object appears to have remained in the same general area over subsequent days. It seems to us that strong “winds aloft,” which are constant at high altitude, should have caused the object to move a significant distance, over the period of time that many of the witnesses claim the object was visible, and apparently stationary.
At right is a photo, taken by a witness in Grass Valley, California, at 3:00 p.m., on Monday, May 26th, 2014: If anyone has reliable information about the object, we would like to invite them contact our Center and report what they may know about it. If a high-altitude balloon is the explanation for the event, we would like to be able to report that fact.
Many of the reports we have posted recently allude to the fact that photos were taken during the sightings. However, only relatively few of the alleged photos have been submitted to our Center. During the next several days, we plan to contact those witnesses who have reported having captured photos and video, in order to invite them to submit the photographic evidence they claim to have in their possession. If we obtain convincing photos or video, we will post them to our site in the near future.
Statement posted on Wednesday, June 4th, 2014.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON MAY 08TH, 2014
The NUFORC website has been updated, as of the afternoon of Thursday, May 08th, 2014. The update includes the posting of 131 new written reports, submitted since May 2nd, via our Online Report Form.
Traditionally, we alert visitors to our site to be on the look-out for flawed reports, including outright attempts to mislead us with foolish, hoaxed reports. However, on the occasion of our posting today, we would like to register an especially strong warning, given what seems to us to have been an inordinately large number of apparently hoaxed reports submitted to our Center, over recent days. It is only surmise, on our part, but it appears to us that there has been an organized attempt to have our Center accept, and post, reports that are misleading, and even patently foolish. We have removed most of the reports that we believe are not serious-minded accounts of authentic sightings, but we have posted several that we believe are borderline cases.
CENTER DIRECTOR WILL BE OUT OF TOWN
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, will be traveling sporadically, beginning May 9th, so callers to the UFO Hotline are invited to leave messages on the answering service. Peter will attempt to check messages several times per day, and will return calls, when possible. Hence, if you experience a sighting of a suspected UFO at any time during the next week, we would like to invite you to go directly to our Online Report Form, in lieu of calling the Hotline, and submit a detailed written report about your sighting. A written report is the only type of report that we can post to our website.
Peter will be at the McMenamins UFO Festival in McMinnville, Oregon, during the weekend of May 15-18, 2014. Details of that conference can be accessed at the conference website.
APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST ON MAY 9TH
Peter is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, May 9th, 2014. He will discuss a few of the reports submitted recently, to include the following:
· Iron Gate, Virginia, on Friday, May 2nd, 2014, @ 2240 hrs. (EDT) - An experienced FAA Air Traffic Control specialist, together with his wife, experience a dramatic, 3-minute sighting of three orange objects in the night sky. Full Report
· Pasco County, Florida, on Wednesday, May 07, 2014, @ 09:30 hrs. (EDT) - Many witnesses report experiencing a very loud “boom,” which was reported by local news. Local military sources deny any involvement. Full Report. COMMENT FROM WITNESS: This is the close up of the article from Tampa Bay Times, dated 5/8/2014 found in section 3B of event on 5/7/2014. You can also obtain this from their website, TampaBay.com, then type “boom” in search box at top right corner of the web page. (Typing sonic boom surrenders several items around the state—related???) ((name deleted))
Statement posted on Friday, May 9th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON MAY 2ND, 2014
We have updated the website with the latest reports and information, as of Friday evening, May 2nd, 2014. When reading the reports, please be on the look-out for errors and oversights, and please report any seemingly flawed reports to email@example.com. We will address flawed reports immediately.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON FRIDAY NIGHT, MAY 2ND, 2014
Peter will appear on Coast to Coast AM hosted by George Noory, during the first half hour of the program, which begins at 10:05 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will be discussing some recent sighting reports, to include the following, which we provide links to below:
Seattle, Washington, Sunday, April 27, 2014, @ 20:45 hrs. (PDT) -On the evening of Sunday, April 27th, NUFORC received multiple reports of clusters of orange “fireballs” from several locations in the Seattle and western Washington area, as well as from all across the U. S.. Perhaps the most dramatic was the sighting of an estimated 100 orange “fireballs” over Kenmore, located at the north end of Lake Washington, and approximately 7-8 (statute) miles north-northeast of the Seattle Space Needle. Full Report 1 Full Report 2 Full Report 3
Other dramatic sightings of orange “fireballs” were observed on the same night from the following locations:
· Deer Park, Washington Full Report
· Bellingham, Washington Full Report
· Sonoma, California Full Report
McMENAMINS UFO FESTIVAL, McMinnville, Oregon, May 15-18, 2014
We invite everyone to attend the McMenamins UFO conference in McMinnville, Oregon, during the third weekend in May. Scheduled speakers include George Noory, Stanton Friedman, David Marler, James Clarkson, Peter Davenport. Information about the Festival can be obtained at the conference website.
Posted: Friday evening, May 2nd, 2014.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, APRIL 24TH
We have updated the homepage, and database of sighting reports, as of Thursday, April 24th, 2014. We have posted 147 new reports, received since the afternoon of Friday, April 18th. Although we proof-read each report before posting, we always recommend that visitors to our website always be on the lookout for flawed reports. If, when reading the reports, you encounter a report that contains personal information, profanity, or which appears to be a frivolous submission, please call the situation to our attention, and we will address the report as quickly as we can.
RADIO APPEARANCE ON THURSDAY NIGHT, APRIL 24TH — Peter will make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific), to give a brief update on some of the more interesting sighting reports that have been submitted over the last week. Two of the cases that Peter will probably address during the program are the following:
· Orlando, Florida, Saturday, April 19, 2014, @ 21:30 hrs. (EDT) — Four adult witnesses observe an object with red and green lights streak across the night sky in a downward arc, pass behind a building, climb vertically, stop, turn, and then streak to the northwest. At least one of the witnesses is a commercial pilot and flight instructor, who first thought the object was an aircraft in distress, but then realized that it is impossible for a conventional aircraft to move in such an abrupt manner. Full Report
· Waterville, Washington, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, @ 21:30 hrs. (PDT) — An adult male was driving on a rural road in the middle of a wheat field, and suddenly witnessed a peculiar light in the northern sky, which appeared to be approaching his location. He assumed that it might be a helicopter, attached to the U. S. Customs and Immigration Service, on an nighttime patrol along the Canadian border, but he quickly realized that it was not a conventional aircraft. As it passed overhead from his location, he could see it clearly, and it looked like a military main battle tank, with no wings! The object proceeded to the south and quickly disappeared in the night sky. (Written report is pending.)
REPORTS FOR THE EVENING OF APRIL 18/19, 2014 — During his appearance on Coast to Coast on Friday, April 18, Peter reported that he had received a number of dramatic sighting reports of clusters of lights in the Pacific Northwest, California, and Arizona. The written reports we received from those witnesses are now posted, and can be access here:
· Tieton, Washington, on Friday, April 18, 2014, @ 20:00 hrs. (PDT) — A high school student reports witnessing a cluster of orange lights near Yakima, Washington. Good video of the objects captured by the witness. Full Report VIDEO.
· Shelton, Washington, on Friday, April 18, 2014, at 22:00 hrs. (PDT) — A father and son witness two lights pass almost overhead. They appeared to accelerate and maneuver, relative to one another, and suddenly disappeared from the witnesses’ view. A second report was submitted from Shelton for the same time period. A report is pending. Full Report
· Chico, California, on Friday, April 18, 2014, @ 22:01 hrs. (PDT) — A husband and wife witness approximately 9 red and yellow lights pass overhead in the night sky. The husband reported that the objects appeared to be approximately two-thirds the diameter of a full Moon. Full Report
· Phoenix, Arizona, on Friday, April 18, 2014, @ 23:05 hrs. (MDT) — An adult male reports witnessing three orange “fireballs” ascend sequentially in the night, not far, apparently, from the airspace of Sky Harbor Airport. The witness had no explanation for the phenomenon. Full Report
Statement posted Thursday evening, April 24, 2014.
HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON FRIDAY EVENING, APRIL 18, 2014
We have posted 166 new reports to our homepage, received since our last posting on April 11th. We have attempted to remove, or properly label, all flawed reports, but there is always the likelihood that we have missed several of them. Consequently, please be on the constant lookout for reports that may be of something other than sightings of suspected UFOs.
APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST AM ON FRIDAY, APRIL 18, 2014
Peter is scheduled to appear on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific), on Friday night, April 18, 2014, to provide a brief summary of a few of the more interesting reports that we have posted to our website, as of this date.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!
We would like to wish all those who visit our website, and who celebrate the Easter Holiday, a very Happy Easter!
We will update our homepage again within the next several days.
--Statement posted Friday evening, April 18, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 2014
We have posted approximately 210 new, and newly amended, sighting reports, as of this date. Although we attempt to remove all flawed reports and hoaxes, we are rarely able to detect and remove all of them. Consequently, we recommend that as you read them, remain on the lookout for reports that may be frivolous, or may be of normal objects of terrestrial origin. If you detect what you believe may be a flawed report, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will address the issue immediately.
Also, some of the reports from the first week of April may be attempts to introduce hoaxed reports into our database of sightings. We have been informed that there was a world-wide effort to fly model airplanes and quad-copters, with LED lights affixed, in order to generate a wave of false reports. It appears to us that some people may have submitted such reports, but it is difficult to be certain. If anyone visiting our website may have submitted such a bogus report, and it is posted to our site, we would welcome a notification from the perpetrator of the hoax, so that we can remove the report from our database.
RADIO APPEARANCES ON FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 2014
Peter will make two appearances on Friday night. The first will be a two-hour appearance on the Jeff Rense Radio Program, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Pacific Daylight Time), during which he will be accompanied by four guests, who will be describing their sightings in
1. Jefferson, Maine, on April 04th Full Report
3. Vancouver, Washington, on April 06th Full Report
4. East Jackson, Michigan, on April 10th Full Report
Peter will make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific Daylight Time), in order to discuss a few of the more interesting reports that have been submitted to NUFORC during the last week.
Some of the reports that will be discussed are those addressed above, as well as a few that have arrived after we began the update of our website, this afternoon, which are copied below:
· Date: 4/11/2014
· Time: 15:05
· Duration: 15-20 minutes
· Sighting City: Phoenix
· Sighting State: AZ
· Sighting Zip: 85044
· Sighting County: Maricopa
· Witnesses: 1
· Shape: Sphere
· Number of Craft: 1
SUMMARY: Point of light or bright object in the daytime sky.
Description: I was outside of Chick-Fil-A, eating in the parking lot. I saw a point of light pretty high in the NE sky, probably at a 45 degrees angle up. It was stationary for some time, at least 5 minutes, but then I noticed slow movement towards the East.
After a minute or so it then seemed to descend somewhat in a southeasterly direction and was getting slightly larger which made me realize it was getting closer. Then it slowed and switched directions and headed north. I noticed that it was very visible with polarized sunglass but barely visible without.
It started moving north and ascending in altitude. At that point I got out of my car and approached someone leaving the diner and asked them if they could see it. He could not see anything but I could see it with my polarized glasses.
I took two photos. I deleted the first as I noticed my iPhone camera could not detect the object. The second one I kept to bring home and see if could indeed pull it out with some enhancement. I was able to actually see a faint point of light in the photograph.
The object must have been highly reflective being that I couldn't spot it hardly at all until I viewed it through polarized lenses.
Eventually the object seemed to accelerate slight and slowly vanished out of sight heading due north. I tried to call a friend on the north side of town to see if he could see it but he didn't answer.
· Date: 04/11/14
· Time: 18:15
· Duration: Seconds
· Sighting City: Headland
· Sighting State: AL
· Sighting Zip: 36345
· Sighting County: Dale
· Witnesses: 3
· Shape: Flash
Summary: Loud explosion bang and flash of light at two different locations.
Description: Heard a loud bang…almost loud explosion sound, and then a flash of light came through house. Happened at two different homes, two different locations about a mile apart.
Statement posted on Friday afternoon, April 11, 2014.
HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON FRIDAY EVENING, APRIL 04TH, 2014
We have posted approximately 200 new, and newly amended, reports to our database of sighting reports, as of the date shown above. If, while reading any of those reports, you find one that is flawed, or which appears to be a hoax, please send a message to email@example.com, and we will tend to the issue as quickly as possible.
APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST AM ON FRIDAY NIGHT, APRIL 04TH, 2014
Peter Davenport is scheduled to appear briefly on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific Time Zone) on Friday night, April 4th, 2014. Peter will discuss a number of cases that have been submitted to the Center, since his last appearance on Coast to Coast on March 27th, 2014.
Some of the cases that Peter may address during the program are the following:
· Lehigh Acres, Florida, Thursday, March 27th, 2014, @ 23:30 hrs. (EDT) — An adult male reports witnessing a very strange creature, approximately 3 feet tall, run through his back yard, between two nearby houses, and race down the street. The mother of the witness reports that he was badly frightened by the experience. Full Report
· Auburn, New York, Tuesday, April 1st, 2014, @ 22:00 hrs. (EDT) — Two adult males, both described as law enforcement officers, and the wife of one of them, report witnessing a triangular craft hovering in proximity to the home of two of the witnesses. The computer tablet being used by one of the witnesses suddenly stops functioning, and the house lights in the neighborhood begin flickering, while the object is present. Full Report
· Jefferson, Maine, Friday, April 4th, 2014, @ 14:15 hrs. (EDT) —An adult male reports witnessing an estimated 16 objects maneuvering high in the daytime sky for approximately 15 minutes. The objects appear to the witness to fly in different directions, suggesting that the objects are self-propelled, and not drifting with any prevailing wind. The objects are reported to have been observed by a second adult witness, who was at a different location from the first witness. Full Report
We will post new material to the homepage in the near future.
Posted Friday night, April 4th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 27, 2014
We have posted approximately 120 new, and newly received, reports, as of the date above. We have tried our best to remove most errors from the reports, and remove those reports that appear to be hoaxes, but we cannot guarantee that we have removed all of them. If you encounter what appears to be a defective, or hoaxed, report, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will review the report.
RADIO APPEARANCES, THURSDAY, MARCH 27TH
Peter will appear on the radio program, “Ground Zero,” hosted by Clyde Lewis, at 8:00 p.m. (Pacific) for an hour, to talk about reported interactions between aircraft and UFOs.
Peter will also appear briefly on the “Coast to CoastAM” radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) for a few minutes, to give his weekly update on recent sighting reports. Peter will address the two cases, featured below:
· Kenai Peninsula, Alaska, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, @ 22:00 hrs. (Alaska) — Two sets of independent witnesses, located in Clam Gulch and Nikiski, on the west shoreline of the Kenai Peninsula, reported witnessing at least six bright orange/red lights flying over the water of Cook Inlet. One set of witnesses report that four of the objects settled close to the surface of the water, while two other of the lights rose high in the sky. The lights appeared to be drifting toward a nearby fuel refinery. Full Report 1 Full Report 2
· Arnold, Maryland, Thursday, March 27, 2014, @ 04:30 hrs. (Eastern) — A fireman was loading his gear into his truck, preparing to depart for work. His peripheral vision registered a cluster of lights, located off to his side, but he ignored them, at first. A few seconds later, he looked back at the lights, and quickly realized that he was looking at a very strange triangular craft, with three solid white lights, hovering over a nearby row of trees. Full Report
Also, time permitting during the program, Peter may discuss recent sighting reports that involve unexplained loud sounds, and alleged electro-magnetic interference cases. These types of cases are being reported to NUFORC with increasing frequency.
In the next several days, we will attempt to post some video footage, which has been submitted to our Center, recently.
Statement posted on Thursday afternoon, March 27, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, MARCH 21ST, 2014
The NUFORC website has been updated, as of the evening of Friday, March 21st. We have posted approximately 60 new reports, which have been submitted since our last posting on March 19.
If any visitor to our site detects an error in a report, or encounters a report that he suspects may be erroneous, we would welcome an e-mail about the report in question, submitted to email@example.com, and we will address the issue immediately.
Peter Davenport, Center Director, appeared for two hours on the Jeff Rense Radio Program on Friday evening, March 21st, Z014, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Details of the program can be obtained at www.Rense.com.
Jeff and Peter appeared, together with two sets of guests. The first was a gentleman who experienced a very dramatic sighting near West Fork, Arkansas, at 03:35 hrs. (Central) on Sunday morning, March 16, 2014, as he drove north on Interstate 540, just north of Mile Marker 32. A very bright object rose from behind a row of trees, paused, and then accelerated vertically into the night sky, changing in color from yellow, to red, and then to “magenta.” The entire sighting lasted less than five seconds. Other cars were slowing and stopping on the interstate, ostensibly to view the object. Full Report
The other set of witnesses were a family from Jordan, Minnesota, who witnessed a very strange object that appeared to be hovering in the night sky, not too far from their neighborhood. It appeared to be elongate, and it had two rows of very bright red and green lights, which ran along the top of the craft, one row above the other. The object began to move, and then streaked off into the night sky. The sighting lasted an estimated 20-25 seconds. Full Report
We will update our website again during the upcoming week.
Posted Saturday, March 22st, 2014.
NUFORC DATABASE OF SIGHTING REPORTS UPDATED ON MARCH 18, 2014
We have posted approximately 415 new, or newly amended, sighting reports to our database of cases. Most of the new reports were received at our Center after Thursday, February 27, 2014. We expect to renew the site again, later this week, but we wanted to post the new reports, as quickly as possible. If, while reading the new reports, you find a report that appears to have a flaw, or which appears to be a hoaxed report, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will address the possible flaw as quickly as possible.
We would like to call to the attention to the visitors to our website the following case:
WEST FORK, ARKANSAS, ON SUNDAY MORNING, MARCH 16, 2014, @ 03:35 HRS. (CDT) - A professional truck driver, driving north on Interstate 540, and just north of Mile Marker 32, witnesses an intensely bright yellow light rise from the ground on the west side of the highway. The object paused for a moment, and then streaked vertically upward into the night sky, changing its color to red, then “magenta.” Other cars were stopped on the roadway. The witness reported that reception by his vehicle’s radio seemed to be affected by the event. Full Report
RADIO APPEARANCE BY PETER DAVENPORT
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will appear on the Jeff Rense radio program at 7:00-9:00 p.m., on Friday, March 21, 2014. Details can be found at www.Rense.com.
Our website will be updated again, later this week.
Posted on Tuesday evening, March 18, 2014.
NUFORC SITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2014
In preparation for a brief appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program tonight, we have updated our website with approximately 160 new reports, submitted since February 21st. In the course of our proof-reading of the submitted reports, we have made every attempt possible to eliminate errors, hoaxed reports, profanity, and personal information about the individuals involved in the reports. However, there is always a chance that we have committed an oversight, so please be on the lookout for errors in the reports, and please feel free to report them to our Center at email@example.com.
APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST AM ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2014, @ 10:15 P.M. (PST)
Peter Davenport will make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, to discuss some of the recent sightings reported to NUFORC since the last update of our website and database of sighting reports, which occurred on February 21st. We list below a couple of particularly dramatic sightings, which Peter will discuss during his appearance:
· Memphis/Collierville, Tennessee, Saturday, February 22nd, 2014, @ 18:30 hrs. (EST)—A retired airline pilot witnesses an estimated 8-10 red objects move from west to east, in “nose to tail” formation. Many other similar reports were submitted at about the same time, and on the same date. Full Report
· Washington Court House, Ohio, Wednesday, February 26th, 2014, @ 20:00 hrs. (EST)—A father and daughter witness three bright, and distinctly yellow, lights moving across a clear sky. Suddenly, a fourth similar light joins the first three, they execute a turn and align themselves in a straight line, then all extinguish at once. Full Report
· Attica, New York, Thursday, February 27th, 21:33 hrs. (EST)—Three adult witnesses are driving in the vicinity of a “wind farm,” when they become aware that the woods nearby are illuminated by a peculiar orange light. The witnesses drive toward the light, and see an object radiating orange light lift from among the windmills, and ascend into the night sky.
Duration: 5 minutes
Sighting City: Attica
Sighting State: NY
Sighting Zip: 14011
Sighting County: Wyoming
Number of Craft: 1
Description: We were driving on a road en-route to our home and seen an orange glow in the sky on the next hill over, close to where they had just put up 58 new windmills. I decided to take a detour and check this out, so we did. When we got near the road, the woods were lit up like I've never seen before. We had pulled over to watch and see what was going on and then seen this weird object lifted up above the mills, and hovers there in silence. And then lifted more, and was gone.
· Hixson, Tennessee, Thursday, February 27th, @ 22:55 hrs. (EST)—An adult male, with sky-watching experience, witnesses an unlighted, triangular shaped object glide across the night sky. When last observed, the object was headed toward Chattanooga, TN.
Duration: 12 seconds
Sighting City: Hixson
Sighting State: TN
Sighting Zip: 37343
Sighting Country: United States
Sighting County: Hamilton
Number of Craft: 1
Summary: Triangular object with no lights gliding across the night sky.
Description: At 10:55 EST in Hixson, TN, a suburb of Chattanooga, I was standing outside letting me dog out when out of the corner of my eye I saw what appeared to be a triangular object with no lights on it gliding across the night sky. It was difficult to tell how high the object was, because there were no lights on it to help judge the distance, but I would guess relatively low due to the fact that it was about 1/8 to 1/5 the size of a full moon.
There was no sound, and it was traveling east south east toward the center of Chattanooga. I observed the object for about 12 seconds or so as it flew out of sight remaining the same speed and direction the entire time.
I've always been interested in looking up at the stars, and I own a telescope. I have never seen anything like this before. Since it had NO lights on it, it appeared a dark gray over the night sky. I strained to get as clear of view as possible and could not make out any form of a plane or bird. It definitely had a triangle shape.
Posted Thursday night, February 27th, 2014.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY NIGHT, FEBRUARY 21ST, 2014
We have updated out website, as of this date, and have posted approximately 190 new, and newly revised, sighting reports. We request that people be on the look-out for flawed reports, which may have slipped through our hasty proof-reading process.
WEEKLY APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST AM
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will appear briefly on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, February 21st, 2014, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss several of the more interesting reports that have been received over the past week, including two reports of strange sounds and light displays, which seem to be unexplainable. Two of the cases that Peter will discuss are the following:
· Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday, February 19*, 2014, @ 15:00 hrs. (Central) - A family, and multiple other witnesses, report having been witness to a strange, vibrating sound, which seemed to emanate from the daytime sky. The witness asserts that the sound was so loud that drivers allegedly were stopping their vehicles, and staring at the sky, hoping to locate the cause, and source of the sound. We have not spoken with the witness to the alleged event, so we consider the case to be unconfirmed, at the time of its posting, and the date of the alleged sighting is either February 19, or February 12th. The source was unclear about the date of the event. Full Report
· Tucson, Arizona, Tuesday, February 18, 2014, @ 1916 hrs. (Mountain) - An experienced pilot, who holds an ATP license, and who has 26,000 hours as pilot-in-command, reports having witnessed three very peculiar orange lights, hovering near Picture Rocks, AZ. The lights simply “winked out,” and disappeared from sight. Full Report
We copy below another report, in “raw” and unedited form, which arrived late today, after we had begun the process of updating our database of cases. This sighting occurred on Friday, February 14, 2014, just 35 minutes before a similar sighting reportedly occurred near Satellite Beach, Florida.
Duration: 45 minutes
Sighting City: Stephens City
Sighting State: VA
Sighting Zip: 22655
Number of Craft: 4
Description: Orange lights changing to red lights. Seemed to interact at times.
190 Description: Nearly home from work with about 30 seconds of drive time left, I witnessed three large very bright orange light appear “thrown” into the sky. The light changed from orange to red several times and moved in random directions, but in a graceful manner.
I immediately ran into my house to grab my smart phone and managed to get three short videos. The objects would fade away and then reappear seconds and sometimes minutes later. The lights seemed to interact with one another at times.
Eventually, the lights all disappeared. I waited outside for another twenty minutes or so with little faith that they would return again. To my surprise, the lights returned once more in another area of the sky for about two minutes and then vanished for good.”
We will update the NUFORC website again, within the next several days.
Posted on Friday afternoon, February 21st, 2014.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2014
We have updated the NUFORC website, as of this date, and have posted 229 new, or recently amended, sighting reports. Please be on the lookout for errors and omissions, and please report any oversights you detect to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New evidence in January 23rd, 2014, Raleigh, North Carolina, photograph of discs in noontime sky
Last week, we posted a photograph, taken in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Thursday, January 23rd, of four “discs,” which allegedly were seen by the witness at the time the photo was taken. We post here two “enhanced” versions of the photos, provided by an individual who visited our website, and who has considerable experience at photo-analysis. His initial impression, like ours, was that the images were reflections of ceiling lights, reflected by a plate glass window in front of the witness’s camera. However, the witness assures us, yet again, that he was standing on an outdoor balcony, at the time the sighting occurred, and the photo was taken. We post below the two “enhanced” versions of the original photo, to let visitors to our website decide for themselves. Photo Enhancement 1 Photo Enhancement 2
We feature below a few cases which we have found to be particularly interesting:
· Jacksonville, Florida, on Sunday, February 09th, 2014, @ 0200 HRS. (EST) - Two sisters returned to their home, when they suddenly notice five strange looking red lights, arranged in the night sky in a vertical orientation. The five lights are suddenly joined by a sixth, which moves in from the left side of the vertical column of five lights. Then the lights began to change from red to orange, and suddenly disappear from sight. NOTE: The overhead lamps, which appeared in the video taken by one of the witnesses, seem to have changed color from white to red, during the event. Neither witness was aware that the street lights may have changed colors during the sighting, but they believe that they were so focused on the object being photographed that they may not have been focused. Please see photos.
· Citrus Heights, California, on Thursday, February 13, 2014, @ 23:30 hrs. (PST) - As a woman is accompanying her parents to their automobile, all three witness a peculiar orange light in the night sky, which seems to slow its movement across the sky, and which is then quickly joined by a second similar looking light. The two lights stop momentarily, and then continue their movement across the sky. The witness captured 49 seconds of video. Her report can be read here.
· Glendale, Arizona, on Sunday, September 28, 2013, @ 19:15 hrs. - A retired Arizona Highway Patrol officer witness an estimated 150 orange objects fly from west to east in the nighttime sky. One of the officer’s neighbors captured the objects with his video camera. The officer’s report can be read here. We post the footage here
Posted on Friday evening, February 14, 2014.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 07, 2014
We have updated our database of sighting reports, as of this date, posting approximately 190 new, and newly amended, reports.
We request that visitors to our site be on the alert for any errors or oversights in our proofreading process. If you find defective or hoaxed reports that we have overlooked, please send a message to Director@UFOCenter.com, and we will review the report in question for errors.
APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST AM RADIO PROGRAM FRIDAY NIGHT, FEBRUARY 07, 2014
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will make a brief appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday night, February 07th, 2014, to discuss some interesting cases that have been reported recently to the National UFO Reporting Center. A few of the reports which may be discussed are the following:
· Spokane Valley, Washington, Wednesday, February 05th, 2014, @ 02:00 hrs. (PST)—A husband and wife report being awakened by a very loud sound, which shook their house. They look out a window and witness a very colorful object in the western sky. Their son observed it with them. Full Report
· Bluefield, West Virginia, Sunday, February 02nd, 2014, @ 21:00 hrs. (EST)—A young man, who serves in the military, was driving with his fiancée on Interstate 77 southbound. As they drive out of a tunnel, they are suddenly illuminated by a very bright light, and then a flash. Their next conscious recollection is that they are much further down the highway. Full Report
· Raleigh, North Carolina, Thursday, January 23, 2014, @ 12:00 hrs. (EST)—A man is awaiting a job interview, and steps out on the veranda of the waiting room. He sees, and photographs, four discs in the noontime sky. The witness was standing outdoors, so the discs are not reflections of ceiling lights in the room behind him. Full Report
We post below two reports of sightings of orange “fireballs,” that arrived late on the afternoon of Friday, February 07th, too late to be included in our database before we began the posting process:
Duration: about 2 minutes
Sighting City: Rochester
Sighting State: NY
Sighting Zip: 14607
Sighting County: Monroe
Number of Craft: 1
Summary: Solid bright orange light flying low and very quickly
Description: Near The Strong Museum of Play, Monroe Ave area. Seen when we were walking from the car to the house. We saw a light heading towards us in the sky from far south and west of Rochester. Bright orange light zipped across the sky nearly overhead, from SW of the city to NE. Clear sky; bright moon, 10 to 15 visible stars. No blinking. No visible trail behind. Looked to be lower than a commercial airplane would fly. No sound. Faded away in the distance but did not drop below horizon line. It crossed the entire sky in less than 2 minutes. No flickering or blinking, just a solid bright orange glow whizzing by faster than any plane I have seen. Brighter than a lighter in your hand on a dark night.
Duration: 1-2 min.
Sighting City: Madison Lake
Sighting State: MN
Sighting Zip: 56063
Sighting County: Blue Earth
Number of Craft: 3
Summary: Three orange lights in the sky
Description: My husband and I were driving east on Highway 60 toward the small town of Madison Lake. Just before entering city limits, I noticed two orange lights in the northeast sky. They were not blinking as airplanes do, and they were close together. They appeared to remain parallel; it almost suggested they were flying in a formation. As we continued east into town, I noticed a third orange light to my right (the southern sky). We watched this light cross our path above us, flying from south to north. At first we thought maybe it was a meteor, but the brightness was consistent. It was fast, but not super-fast, just steady. We wondered if it was joining the other two lights. By this time, the other two lights disappeared. We watched the third light for about 30 seconds to a minute before it disappeared.
The observers are college-educated professionals; one a business-owner, the other a university professor. This is our first sighting of an unidentified object. It was so strange and unexplained that I felt compelled to report it to someone.
Over the weekend, we will post several other photos and videos of recent sightings, which illustrate the sightings of “fireballs” that have been reported to our Center in the recent past.
Statement posted by Peter Davenport, Director, on the evening of Friday, February 07, 2014.
WEBSITE UPDATED ON JANUARY 30TH, 2014
We have updated the website with approximately 160 new, and newly amended, sighting reports, as of Thursday night, January 30th. Tomorrow afternoon, we will post several photos and videos, submitted with recent sighting.
APPEARANCE ON COAST TO COAST AM RADIO PROGRAM
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, beginning at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time), on Thursday night, January 30th. Peter will be talking about recent sightings, to include one dramatic sighting in Virginia on January 29th, and several dramatic sightings from New Hampshire.
Posted on Thursday night, January 30th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 24, 2014
We have updated the website, as of Friday evening, January 24th, and have posted approximately 220 new, and newly revised, reports.
The bulk of the new reports are of alleged sightings of clusters of red and orange “fireballs,” a phenomenon that we have addressed numerous times on this homepage. For anyone wishing to know more about this curious and, we believe, unexplained, phenomenon, we would like to direct the reader to our database of cases, where the “fireball” reports can easily be identified, for any given month of reports.
Just as we were preparing this statement, we received an e-mail, which contained a link to video of a cluster of lights, allegedly seen over Okinawa, Japan. We have no means of documenting the event, or what the objects are, but they are exemplary of the many reports of “fireballs” that have been submitted to our Center: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5ZWMGqmp8
Also, NUFORC has received a number of interesting sighting reports, in which the witnesses either report, or suspect, that interference of electro-magnetic signals, and/or electronic equipment, has occurred briefly, during a sighting. We feature below three such reports:
· Nixon, Texas, on Sunday, January 19th, 2014, @ 04:47 hrs. (CST)—An individual, who describes himself as an amateur astronomer, describes witnessing an object descend out of the morning sky, and perhaps land. He believes that his video camera was affected during the incident. Link to video in report. Full Report
· Prescott, Arizona, on Sunday, January 19th, 2014, @ 20:15 hrs. (MST)—NUFORC receives two reports from seemingly independent sources about a peculiar bright white lights that streaks across the sky, slows to a dead stop, and then suddenly accelerates very quickly and disappears over the horizon. The second witness reports that bizarre, metallic, “clanging” sounds emanated from his radio, during the time the object was above him. Full Report
· Marysville, California, on Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014, @ 17:15 hrs. (PST)—A woman witnesses a number of spheres in the western sky at sunset. The objects were maneuvering relative to each other, suddenly turned red, and disappeared from sight. The witness reports that other witnessed discussed the event on their Facebook pages, and several of them asserted that their cell telephones would not connect, while the strange objects were above them. Full Report
PETER DAVENPORT WILL APPEAR ON COAST TO COAST AM, FRIDAY NIGHT, JANUARY 24TH--Peter Davenport will make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM with host, George Noory, at approximately 22:15 hrs. (Pacific Standard Time), to discuss some of the more interesting cases that NUFORC has received since his last appearance on January 16th. Details of the program can be found at www.CoasttoCoastAM.com.
Posted on Friday evening, January 24th, 2014.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON JANUARY 16, 2014
The website, and database of sighting reports, have been updated as of the evening of Thursday, January 16, 2014.
If, while reading the reports, you encounter one that appears to be flawed, or which is an obvious hoax, please call the report to our attention, and we will address the issue as quickly as possible.
PETER DAVENPORT ON COAST TO COAST ON JANUARY 16, 2014
Peter will appear on the Coast to Coast radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:10 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday night, January 16, 2014. Peter will discuss some of the recent, and more dramatic, cases that have been submitted to the National UFO Reporting Center over the last several weeks, including the following reports, and perhaps others:
· Crystal Springs, Texas, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, @ 20:45 hrs. (Central)—An adult male, with considerable experience in law enforcement, reports that while he was driving north on “FM 1433,” he witnessed an object streak from his “10:00 o’clock” position, off to his quartering left, to his “6:00 o’clock” position, covering that 120-degree angle, in an estimated five seconds. During the five seconds that it was visible to the witness, the object gave off four extremely bright flashes of light, at regular time intervals. Full Report
· Hartwell, Georgia, Sunday, January 12, 2014, @ 20:15 hrs. (Eastern)—A medevac helicopter reports witnessing three orange lights streak across the night sky. They were visible to the witness for an estimated 10 seconds, who believes that they were within a half a nautical mile of his position, and that they were traveling at approximately 150-200 knots. Toward the end of the sighting, the objects suddenly split up, and flew off in different directions at high speed. Full Report
Because of our desire to update the website before Peter’s radio appearance on the evening of January 16th, we forgo posting photos and videos with this update. We have received many good photos, over the last month, most of which pertain to sightings of the red and orange “fireballs” that NUFORC has been reporting frequently, since May 2012. Many of the photos and videos are quite dramatic, and we hope to have several of the higher-quality ones posted this weekend.
Statement posted on Thursday evening, January 16, 2014.
NUFORC WEBPAGE UPDATE ON JANUARY 10TH, 2014 - Over the course of the last two weeks, our Center has been inundated with an abnormally large volume of sighting reports, submitted from around the world. We have received approximately 650-700 reports, during that time period, which we have posted to our website, as of January 10th.
To put this volume of reports in better perspective, two years ago, we considered a “normal” volume of reports to be between 250 and 500 per month. Hence, NUFORC has been receiving reports at approximately 3-4 times what we used to consider normal. What this translates to is that our workload of getting all the reports proof-read and posted amounts to 3-4 times what it used to be, which explains why it is taking us a bit longer to get all of the new reports up on our website.
We have made our best effort to proof-read the reports we have posted, but there is always the possibility of our overlooking flawed reports. Consequently, we always request of the visitors to our site to be on the look-out for cases that have errors, or which can be explained away by mundane events, of terrestrial origin. If you find what you believe to be a flawed report, please send a note to Director@UFOCenter.com, and we will address the issue, and make changes, as may be required. Thank you!
APPEARANCE ON JEFF RENSE RADIO TALK SHOW @ 7:00-9:00 PM (PACIFIC) ON JANUARY 10TH - Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make a two-hour appearance on the Jeff Rense Radio Program tonight, Friday, January 10th, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (Pacific). Jeff and Peter will host four guests from Wisconsin, Arizona, Washington State, and Oregon, all of whom have experienced recent, and dramatic, sightings over those states.
APPEARANCE ON COAST-TO-COAST AM, HOSTED BY GEORGE NOORY, @ 10:10 PM (PACIFIC) , ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 10TH - Peter will make a brief appearance on Coast to Coast, hosted by George Noory, to provide a brief summary of some of the more interesting reports that NUFORC has received since his last appearance on January 1st.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Our Center has received photos and videos related to many of the reported sightings, and within the next several days, we will post some of the better ones. Our principal objective on this date is to get the database of sighting reports updated, so members of the audiences to the radio programs described above will be able to read the text of the reports that Peter will be speaking about tonight.
Posted: Friday afternoon, January 10th, 2014.
WE HAVE MOVED!
After 32 years in the Seattle area, the National UFO Reporting Center is moving to a new locale in eastern Washington, a decommissioned U. S. Air Force ICBM missile base, located between the towns of Davenport and Harrington, WA, in Lincoln County. This photo of our new "digs" shows the property as it looked in the early 1960's. Click here for highres. Once the facility is cleaned and renovated, which may take up to a year, our headquarters will operate out of this facility, which was the first underground missile complex commissioned by the U. S. government.
Our telephone service should operate smoothly, since all incoming calls to our Hotline will be automatically forwarded to our telephone. In addition, we anticipate that our internet services will be uninterrupted, although it may require several days for us to activate our new high-speed internet connection. Hence, please be patient while we get these services set up, and operating smoothly.
For a list of past featured reports and highlights click here.